Lets see the cars!!!!

My new 85 RX-7 GSL a friend's Dad let me have after sitting for years. Just got it's first oil change in a long time. Fixed a few things on it already but got a lot of work to do on it still.

car2.jpg

rx7.jpg

Last edited:
Planning on any lowering springs or coilovers?
At some point. Im trying to dial in the fitment first cuz the tires are a bit too wide and rub the fenders in the rear when I go over bumps. I have 195/50R15 right now and I'm debating on going 185/55 or doing a mild stretch and using 175/55s. I want these 195s to work though cuz I do like how they look and ride. I have Fiesta ST springs in the rear which stiffened it up a lot and now I'm trying to find a stiffer shock but there's not much info on what would even fit.

IMG_20210327_170302482.jpg

This poor truck has been through a lot in the 200k since I posted it on the first page of this thread, but it's still kicking with over 250k. Original engine and transmission, never even loosened from their mounts. The Explorer is driven more often, but I drive the Ranger at least a couple times a week so it's far from retired.

My 2020 Mirage named Peele after I slapped some new wheels on it
i do like the look of those wheels.
Personally, I'd prefer them painted white, but that's me...
they remind me of the Factory wheels on my Uncle's 95 Bonneville SSEi:
6510gold.jpg

that coloring might not look bad with the orange either....

I always thought (since I'm a giant nerd who replaced all the Ford Badges on his car with Autobots) if i bought one of those Mirages, i'd have to get it in the pale Lime Green color they offer, and replace the Mitsu. emblems with Klingon Emblems:
208px-KlingonInsignia.svg.png

i do like the look of those wheels.
Personally, I'd prefer them painted white, but that's me...
they remind me of the Factory wheels on my Uncle's 95 Bonneville SSEi:
6510gold.jpg

that coloring might not look bad with the orange either....

I always thought (since I'm a giant nerd who replaced all the Ford Badges on his car with Autobots) if i bought one of those Mirages, i'd have to get it in the pale Lime Green color they offer, and replace the Mitsu. emblems with Klingon Emblems:
208px-KlingonInsignia.svg.png
I thought about the gold but I really wasn't sure how good it would look with the orange so I went the safe route with the silver ones.

I almost waited a couple months for the 2021 mirages so I could get the facelift with the yellow color but my fiance has an orange Honda Fit so I got an orange 2020 so we could match with the orange hatches. Everyone knows our house cuz of our brightly colored cars in the driveway.

The mirage has been a much better car that I thought based on car reviewers but after seeing the actual owners raving about it and the euro car reviewers loving on it, I decided to get one for myself and I too love it. It's not perfect by any means but for how cheap it is, it's such a good deal. 45+mpg, plenty of room to haul my things when needed, and my 6'4 self fits easily and comfortably so it works out. Everyone who drives it loves it so I think Mitsubishi is onto something with the mirage and I hope they keep it around for a long time cuz i will most likely buy another when the time comes.

Back