Let’s hear everyone’s damage estimates!

This was ~$5,000 for OEM parts, and things have only gotten more expensive since so I’ll guess $3,500. Headlight, fender, upper fascia, bumper, and upper core support.

Attachments

• IMG_8195.jpeg
    IMG_8195.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 9

This or maybe $1900 would have been my thought. Honestly… I got rear ended by a young guy 6 years ago and it damaged my Nissan Altima VQ very similar to this damage.

Thank goodness for hospital tape with the string in it… Used that tape to hold my rear bumper up until it got repaired. It held perfectly for 2 weeks until I took it in to get fixed,

The guy doing the estimate was around $1,000. I figured it would be likely twice that or near twice that. And I was right.

My guess would be 2k and you will just get some bondo on your bumper instead of a new one. Paint is expensive at least here and the bumper doesn't look bad, assuming nothing underneath is dented. Pretty much any paint job would be 2k from my experience.

This little bit of damage to my VW GTI’s bumper was estimated at $1350 to $2000 depending on the body shop. My insurance agent said any amount over $1000 over my $500 deductible would result in them raising my rates on my GMC Sierra’s policy by about 50%, decreasing yearly for six years. So I had to do a video appointment with their estimator which, after discussion with the estimator regarding my intent to avoid a rate increase, resulted in them sending a check for $820. I had applied colored car wax to the area so some scratches do not show in the photo.20230930_085702.jpeg

Back