Let’s hear everyone’s damage estimates!

So, knew this was coming. My adopted daughter hit a parked car while executing a u-turn in a dark parking lot. Called campus security, they documented, owner called insurance (we have same company), and the results are below. The number that came back was incredible; let’s hear what people think this minor amount of damage costs to fix. Recipient vehicle looks to be an ‘18-22 Ford Escape.

IMG_2303.jpeg
IMG_2302.jpeg
IMG_2301.jpeg
IMG_2300.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My guy quoted me $1000 for a bumper 7 years ago. Plus the fender could probably be buffed out but to replace it, I don't know. $2900

Five is enough for now. $1,960.

The last time I got rear ended and they replaced the bumper cover on my ‘96 Cobra, I got an OEM bumper cover and color matched (Performance White) for $600, and it took the body shop 2 days to turn it around. $2k is insane to me.

Sounds about right. Almost 10 years ago an OEM rear bumper cover was $1200 for the Evo without paint. Diffuser was another $600ish. Each headlight projector housing was $1200. Hood is $1300. Rule of thumb was every separate panel was ~$1200 OEM.

EDIT: Luckily about 2014ish the body kit craze started so used body parts were about 1/2-2/3 of the OEM price. I found out the hood of the evo will just barely fit behind the front seats with the rear seats removed and a front bumper can fit snugly in the back of an '86 Grand Marquis Wagon.

Last edited:
If I'm paying out-of-pocket then I'm getting a lower cover for $475 and one right side extension for $250 and paying someone $100 to paint it. The installation is a simple Saturday afternoon in the driveway with a few of my favorite bottles of brew.

I'd not lose the farm over this encounter. If insurance is paying and my deductible is more than the above mentioned costs ($800 - $900) then I'd still do it in the driveway. If someone else is paying then the cost is irrelevant.

I'm going to guess $3-5K...
this was my car about a month ago... someone got up close and personal with the front corner of my car while i was working (between when i went in @5am, and my first break @ 7am..)
Insurance estimated, and paid me $1800. no panel damage, just needed some paint...
PXL_20230720_133011833.jpg PXL_20230720_133018206.jpg

Last edited:
Back