Lesabres last oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you 40K on gc. You aren't the only guy driving without changing oil and you bought so enjoy it.

quote:

Originally posted by KJA426:
I think the whole thing is a bad idea. If it's in decent shape mechanically then why not keep changing the oil?

Ditto. Letting this car self-destruct will heap loads of bad karma upon you. You have been warned.
nono.gif

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:

quote:

Originally posted by KJA426:
I think the whole thing is a bad idea. If it's in decent shape mechanically then why not keep changing the oil?

Ditto. Letting this car self-destruct will heap loads of bad karma upon you. You have been warned.
nono.gif

I used Slick50 with a Fram filter once
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif
so the Karma thing I have paid,besides if this engine dies early I have another low mile 3800 just iching to lower itself into the buicks engine room
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by XB70:
Nickdfresh,

I think I'm having a premonition.
grin.gif

Uhuhuhuhuhuh!
grin.gif

The live version on "How The West Was Won" is just brilliant! So is "Heartbreaker" and "Blackdog," which immediately follow. I doubt those Norse Kitties would like the last one though...

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:

quote:

Originally posted by keval85:
This is my little experiment to see how long this engine will go on 4.5 quarts of synthetic oil before it suffers oil related problems weather it be 10000 miles or 100000 miles time will tell.Thinking German Castrol or maybe Amsoil 0w-30,filter I don,t know yet

Please don't kill the car. You could at least donate it to the Salvation Army, or some other charitable group. Fill it with fresh synthetic, donate it, & consider it your good deed of the day.
smile.gif

I think actually I'm going to do this unless I decide to use mine as purely a "winter car."

However, using older cars that have long since paid for themselves as test beds for automotive products, ideas, and theories can be useful... (Mine's being used to break me of the 3KOCI habit for dino/semi-syn based oils, I'm strictly going to 4-5K now.)

BTW, you may get a nice tax write-off for donating as well as the feeling that you've maybe helped a family get the necessity of basic transportation...

P.S. I may run Mobil1 in it after the summer to see if I can hear the infamous Mobil-ticking.
smile.gif

The car will die a coolant death before your test kills it. What's the point of posting later another my gm 3.8 leaked thread.

I don't think the car will self-destruct at all....we've seen/heard examples over and over of people who leave dino oil in a car, with just top-ups, and have the car run 30 - 40,000 miles with little apparant damage. And we know that with regular top-us, Amsoil 0W30 'should go 35,000 miles, as per their claims, and still be in reasonable condition. So if he 'pushes it' and doesn't change it, it should still go probably twice that before it develops real problems, maybe even more. Remember, their is a synthetic that says you never have to change it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back