Leather Cleaner/Conditions for 2005 Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Lexol conditioner for the seats in my Vette and it has kept the leather very soft. To clean the seats I just take a damp cloth and wipe them down. You can get some at Pep Boys.

I'm currently using the Spinneybeck system found here www.leatherz.com Tried Lexol before and it seemed too greasy to me. Another great leather conditioner I've tried is Zaino's Leather in a Bottle.

I've heard Leatherique is great stuff but pricey.
I've used Zaino Leather in a Bottle and it's a great product too.

Lexol pH Leather Cleaner is the best product for cleaning leather IMHO.

I am currently using One Grand Leather Conditioner. It seems to do a good job w/o greasiness.

For a store bought product, Lexol is hard to beat. Mild but safe on all types of leather. I like Mothers leather products a lot as well. Either is a fine choice.

If you want to mail order, the world opens up for you - Pinnacle, Zaino, Zymol, Leatherique, Well Dressed, Spinneyback and on and on and on.....

quote:

Originally posted by bretfraz:
For a store bought product, Lexol is hard to beat. Mild but safe on all types of leather. I like Mothers leather products a lot as well. Either is a fine choice.

If you want to mail order, the world opens up for you - Pinnacle, Zaino, Zymol, Leatherique, Well Dressed, Spinneyback and on and on and on.....

I agree. Add Griot's Garage to that list. I have used both their leather condition and Lexol. Both work very well, however I feel Griots leather conditioner smells better. More like real high-end leather.

The Lexol Ph leather cleaner is a very good product.The conditioner,also very good but use it sparringly and follow the directions closely as it's easy to oversaturate the leather with it.

I've used Lexol leather products on my living room sofa for years and it looks and feels great.

Good stuff avalible at most autopart stores.

Lexol is what I use to keep my 91 RX7 leather seats looking like new.

I hand rub the stuff in and let it soak in overnight and this helps keep it nice and soft.

lexol seems like a real good product. i am in a mc club, and have talked with other members who also swear by it. i recently scored 10 bottles of amour all for leather at a napa store, on sale 1.99 a bottle, clearence. i think it's also a good product, seems a little greasier than the lexol though. i use it for my boots, wallets, belts, etc. i save the lexol for my vests and jackets. i just use the conditioner. the amour all is a all in one product. seems like it would also be a decent choice for the auto though. good luck. penz
cheers.gif

Leatherique is by far my recomendation. I have a 1990 Jaguar and the seats are still in mint condition. no cracks, soft. People cannot believe they are original.
I use the oil first, let it soak all day, then the cleaner.
I do it once a year at the beginning of the summer.

http://www.leatherique.com/

All I use is Zymol leather cleaner/conditioner. Cleanes and conditions with the least/no shine. No glad-garbage-bag look at all....

I think Lexol cleaner is a good safe cleaner. The Lexol protectant is also good, but very mild. It will help protect the leather but will not soften up Hardened leather. Leathertique is much more powerfull and will help restore hardened leather. I would not want to use Leathertique too freqently.

I use Woolite on my BMW leather (the gentle detergent for cleaning clothes) at about 1pt woolite to 10pts H20. Fill spray bottle, spray and scrub with a soft brissled brush, use damp cloth to remove excess, then use another damp cloth to remove residue. Repeat for dirty seats (I do mine about every 3 months)

Follow up with a few applications of Lexol. Keep applying till dull areas (very dry spots in leather) on seats are not there. Wipe residue and enjoy. Apply monthly for OCD mant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back