care for "leather" seats in 2004 mustang

I had a detail shop for about 15 years and one of my favourite products to use on leather was Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax (xpress wax gallon)

if its real leather then I dont use car products for it. Saddle soap to clean, wipe off, and then use mink oil or leather honey to condition them.
LEATHER FACTS

We strongly advise against saddle soap, as it has been known to remove the dye from the leather. Avoid products that contain petroleum or mineral oils, as they cause leather fibers to rot prematurely. If your dye is worn away, call about our simple to use Leatherique Leather Dyes. Our cleaner and conditioner have a capillary action. The proteins, cleaners, and conditioners find their way deep into the pores of the leather and force out the dirt, perspiration, air pollution, unnecessary oils, and other toxins that destroy the fibers of the leather, destroying its strength and flexibility, and causing it to deteriorate. For tough, heavier stains, we do make leather cleaner to remove the stain from the surface of the leather. The remainder of the stain will need to be “floated” out of the leather with Rejuvenator Oil. Badly stained surfaces probably need to be re-dyed. Call, email, or fax your specific Leather care questions to us anytime.

LEATHER FACTS

We strongly advise against saddle soap, as it has been known to remove the dye from the leather. Avoid products that contain petroleum or mineral oils, as they cause leather fibers to rot prematurely.
If you use prepare the saddle soap foam correctly and wipe it off before it starts to remove dye then there is no issue. Mink oil or leather honey will not cause the leather fibers to rot prematurely, I am not sure where they are getting this from.

If you use prepare the saddle soap foam correctly and wipe it off before it starts to remove dye then there is no issue. Mink oil or leather honey will not cause the leather fibers to rot prematurely, I am not sure where they are getting this from.
Leatherique marketing materials. Leatherique is a good product, but hard to use. The results are great, especially on older dried leather, it can really bring things back, making them pliable. But will do nothing if the leather has shrunk. I have had good luck with their products on three Ferraris I previously owned. Ferrari uses leather everywhere, sides and back of seats, doors, A pillars, headliner, dash...but no matter what anyone says, its also got a thick dye on it and takes days to soak in the Leatherique rejuvenator oil. But once treated, it is good for months with only minor touch ups.

Most other car makers "cheat" and only use leather on the seat facings. Everything else (sides, back, door panels, dash, rear deck, A, B and C pillars is vinyl or plastic.

Back