Leaf Blower to Dry a Car

I am looking at getting a small/ portable leaf blower to dry the car during winter months. The idea is to blow out all the water from door jams and seals mainly. Preferably would be a cordless one but open to get a corded one, the car wash is not too far from house.

Do you guys have one or can recommend one.

IMG_4395_blower.JPG

I use a leaf blower on my car every now and then. Get a cordless one. And get one that is pretty powerful.

I bought a DeWalt for this very purpose and it's mediocre at best. I was trying to alleviate screwing up my shoulder hefting my Echo backpack blower up to do the roof. The electric DeWalt is actually deafening with the motor whine to the pint your ears are ringing when done and it takes over twice as long to get the vehicle dry. So I'm back to using the echo backpack blower again.

In winter month, I like to avoid getting my hands wet.
I get it, but the water will be splashing everywhere. The blower doesn’t actually dry anything, just blows the water away.

Also, the seals aren’t wet enough to get your hands wet. If you have a thick microfiber towel, one side will be more than enough to quickly wipe all the seals, while your hand touches the dry side.

I bought a DeWalt for this very purpose and it's mediocre at best. I was trying to alleviate screwing up my shoulder hefting my Echo backpack blower up to do the roof. The electric DeWalt is actually deafening with the motor whine to the pint your ears are ringing when done and it takes over twice as long to get the vehicle dry. So I'm back to using the echo backpack blower again.
I got this one specifically to dry the cars. I have a good ceramic coating on them and it does a good job. I still have to wipe over it to get all the water. You are correct about it being loud but it puts out some air. I too have a backpack blower and it is uncomfortable at my age.

I am looking at getting a small/ portable leaf blower to dry the car during winter months. The idea is to blow out all the water from door jams and seals mainly. Preferably would be a cordless one but open to get a corded one, the car wash is not too far from house.

Do you guys have one or can recommend one.

View attachment 223221
Do you have a cordless drill ? i'd go with something that uses the same battery system.

I'm already invested in the Ryobi system.
I use this one to blow water out of the mirrors, door handles ect.
The blower tube is a softer rubber...not a hard plastic.

Helps getting the BBQ going also.

I use my "tuned" Stihl BG86 blower to dry my truck. It requires some righteous power to do the job well, especially pushing water off the roof channels and out of the bed. My 20V Dewalt is pretty much useless for drying the truck.

Yes. Standard procedure for ceramic coated vehicles. All a better way of living. Hart brand leaf blower from Walmart .

I got one of these way back when I got my Vette to help prevent water spots from our hard water on the black car. Supposedly uses two 4hp motors which you can turn on independently of one another. After using for a minute or so it also starts to heat the air quite a bit. I joke that it is a hair dryer on steroids.

It is a little cumbersome with the hose, but has a nice rubber tip to prevent scratches if you accidentally touch the body. It does work well and really gets the water out of crevices around the lights, etc. I like that it even blows the water out of the brake rotors so I don't get rusty drips or splashes in the barrels of wheels. I will say it seems the price has increased somewhat substantially since I purchased mine however.

** In rereading the OPs post, it seems this may be a little overkill for his needs

Last edited:
Have a Toro leaf blower that works great, high airflow that really clears out all the nooks and crannys. (y)
1717604098356.jpg

Back