Leaf Blower to Dry a Car

I have the Ryobi 18v, 200cfm/90mph one and it's not enough to push the water off a car - it'll be faster just using a towel versus using the blower then towel after. I'm tempted to buy a stronger blower but can't justify it.

Use cordless 20V ( Lithium ) Black & Decker to clean off and out J.D.130 riding mower . Have B&D fast charger that chargers within 20 minutes . Just used it to blow off all the tree pollen that's. very bad this year . As for drain holes of the car doors I use a stick . The blower and charger are around 10 years old .

Last edited:
I've been using one with a cord but will be looking into getting a cordless. I've become a big fan of using air to dry the car. If the beading is very good with high contact angle you can dry entire car in 2-3 minutes without touching the paint.

I also have TRC Gauntlet drying towel which is great too.

I just use my compressor, 30 gal tank. Won't dry the whole car but its great to get water out of the seams / mirrors. A final wipe with microfiber towels gets it dry.

Bought this just a month ago. Very happy with it however, I have not tried it out if the washing my car yet.
With that said keeping in mind that I would use it to dry my car it’s easy to disconnect the nozzle and just use the blower motor itself that has a very short nozzle on it Should I want to

I purchased it on Amazon. The thing is it is now $40 more because it’s not on sale. I paid $108.
I was going to tell you just buy the thing if you don’t like it it’s Amazon free return policy for 30 days

Greenworks 40V (110 MPH / 390 CFM) Cordless Axial Blower, 2.5Ah Battery and Charger Included​

You don't need any kind of superpowerful leaf blower for this thing. Most any battery operated one is just fine. It blows nearly all of the water off of the car, then you use a proper drying rag and it's really easy and fast. Much better than the olden days of using a chamois or whatever.

I use a Echo gas leaf blower you blow dry my vehicles if my garage is full, and I decide to wash. Help out tremendously with spotting.

Back