Leaf Blower car drying

I'd use an electric leaf blower.

Just make sure you hose off the driveway real good before you use it so no dirt blows around on the car.

I use mine all the time, works great. Also great for blowing out the garage . Im no fan of electrics, too wimpy just like their pressure washer cousins. Give me gas any day.

I use the air blower at the self serve car wash--about a $1. I then wipe down leftover drips with a microfiber towel. Then I use my battery powered leaf blower to get into the door jams at the door hinges and my aluminum wheels and finish with a towel if necessary.

If you don't currently have a leaf blower, then buy one that is ideal for this purpose. As with any tool, think of it as an investment; paying a lot sucks but not as much as buying one that is less than ideal for the intended purpose.

I currently use a gas Hitachi blower around the home and to dry my cars. It works fine but is not ideal. The ideal blower would be a lightweight battery powered unit, but would have the volume/velocity of a gas blower. Probably set you back 2 or 3 Benjamins with battery and charger, but will make you much happier than a lesser unit.

Harbour Freight has the battery ones. Work great. Paid around $140. They have as cheap as $49. You get like 90 days to return if you don't like it or want to upgrade.

And of course you can blow leafs.

Electric leaf blower for years. Gets water out of every nook and cranny unlike a chamois. If the car is waxed, and they always are, the water blows off fast working from top down. Ground is already wet so no dust and when near the bottom the air is directed downwards.

Well, I ended up with a cordless/battery powered one. Mainly because I already had some batteries available thanks to my drill. Got a Milwaukee blower:

2020_11_10_10_39_54_milwaukee_blower_Google_Search.jpg

Hopefully I get a chance to test drive it this weekend. So far I can annoy the family inside the house with it well.....

Hello, thinking about getting a leaf blower to dry off the car because the weather is starting to get colder and my hands get very hold holding a wet towel. Yes, I'm delicate! LOL! I have seen many people use a leaf blower as a touchless (except the debris it stirs up) car dryer. Most people say get a cordless/battery powered one, but they get pricey, and I can find good performing gas ones cheaper than battery powered.... Any reason a gas leaf blower would not work well for this other than annoying my neighbors?

Thanks.
I use mine all the time. Really cuts the toweling down, especially on a full size truck.

This is BITOG ridiculous. If I saw a neighbor leaf blowing their car, the video would immediately end up on TikTok!
Not ridiculous at all, works great, though I am usually not picky enough to do it anywhere except windows to keep them from spotting, unless I need to pull the vehicle into the garage soon and don't want puddles everywhere or a musty, humid garage.

I bet there are already videos on YT of this. Yes, apparently people even use them for snow removal but the snow is too wet here to do that.

If cordless, do get something that's at LEAST 40V, less than that is pretty weak.

Have used an electric blower but the noise was too loud. I can get water off in minutes with a synthetic absorber towel. If spotting is an issue, maybe get a deionising system to rinse off with.
I keep my shooting ear muffs by the mower and the leaf blower.....agree, too loud.....

Back