Leaf Blower car drying

I never, ever thought about using a leaf blower. We always used our old thread-bare bath towels (100% cotton) to dry the cars.... They built a brand new car wash, and it offered a blow dryer wand - and it's the snizzle, especially on motorcycles. We use our leaf blower on the motorcycles now, after a wash. Haven't tried it on the car, yet.

I use my electric blower to get the water out of the 100 little holes in the grille of my Focus ST, and out of the lugnut holes. There's one piece door/window trim on this car that holds water underneath it if you don't blow it out, so I do that as well, but I don't hit the whole car with it.

This is BITOG ridiculous. If I saw a neighbor leaf blowing their car, the video would immediately end up on TikTok!
Professional car detailers use these types of tools, albeit sometimes smaller, on vehicles. No problem using a leaf blower to get water out of smaller areas such as door jams and behind the license plate. Put me on TT all day long. The only people I care about what they think of me are my immediate family and paying customers.

Some (most) 2 cycle gas leaf blowers push the exhaust into the air stream you are blowing against your car. So if a little oily exhaust on your car is bothersome...use electric.

Some (most) 2 cycle gas leaf blowers push the exhaust into the air stream you are blowing against your car. So if a little oily exhaust on your car is bothersome...use electric.
This is true. Electric/battery would be my first choice and at this time I would probably go with the RYOBI 40V - reportedly great power and good battery life. But I'm not ready to give up my 2 cycle yet! Besides, for a daily driver like mine the little bit of exhaust from the blower is not much different than following a diesel or some old jalopy that should have been retired years ago.

I find they work best for blowing water out of nooks and crannies (you know, those places where after you get done washing and drying, you drive the vehicle, only to have water blowing out from all of these places creating water spots). The large surfaces still need to be wiped dry using MF towels in order to keep them from water spotting...

I know people do that.

Our cars are not that delicate. My wash is anything but touchless.

I do the two bucket rinseless thing where you basically slap a microfiber rag soaked with the rinseless on the car and then clean with an easy mopping motion, followed up by another clean wrung out rag and then a dry cloth.

No problems with scratching after several years. (I’ve been careful to hose it off first with plain water when there is caked on or gritty stuff on the finish).
This “touchless”stuff is hyper.

Leaf blower works, I found buying purpose built drying towels on Amazon yields a better result and you’ve still got to towel the car unless you’ve got a water conditioner system set up (in which case it will air dry anyways without spotting). It might be worth it though if you’ve got an enormous vehicle with all sorts of swooshes, vents, cuts, and intricate body work.

Leaf blowers can work but they can also kick up dust that is on the ground. Dust on the surface = marring, swirls and/or scratches.
Compressed air (delivered using a blow gun) is a better option.
after washing the car?

I don't have a leaf blower ( don't do yard work because i have 1 arm) but I use my 5 hp Crasftman shop vac to dry my vehicles especially the GTO since it has hexagonal inserts that are impossible to dry with a towel. It seems to work pretty well.

I used my battery leaf blower all the time. After the initial dry I use the blower to blow the water out of the cracks where water likes to sit. Grille, mirrors, door handles, ect.

I use my cordless 40v Ryobi all the time for lots of stuff because it is so handy. Just pick it up and blow away. I take it when I go to the car wash, and can use it right inside the bay with the doors closed. It blows a fair amount of air, has variable speed, and is pretty quiet.

Anyone have a good recommendation for one of these battery powered blowers just for drying cars? How's the Black & Decker 40v? I ask because I already have a 40v B&D chain saw and I believe it would use the same battery.

Other suggestions for a good one at a good price would be welcome.

Back