LE8130/10W-30, 5650 miles, 2000 Tundra V-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree,$100 a shot for $35 of info and some conversation seems a bit much. I change every 6 months and that's about 4500-5000 for me. I prefer fresh oil over the winter.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I appreciate the uoa but aren't we so sensitive !!!! Sorry to give valid advice.

I would call it valid opinion.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
I agree,$100 a shot for $35 of info and some conversation seems a bit much. I change every 6 months and that's about 4500-5000 for me. I prefer fresh oil over the winter.

It is his money and his cars. It might not be what you would do but it is what he does and it's really none of our business what he spends his money on.

I appreciated his reports on products you don't see on hear very often, if at all. I will miss his reports.

i have always had very high respect for LE products, having used their industrial products in some situations where other name brand products fell flat on their face. while i am not a fan of 10wXX oils, i find these reports fascinating, the oil is doing extremely well.

i currently have a 2000 Tundra with 151k, and my father has a 2000 with 44k. there are 10k UOAs of both of these trucks up on the board, you can search for them under my screen name if interested. the V8 in these trucks will run long after the truck is a pile of rust, and corrosion is an issue with the earlier versions of this model. while i don't live in the north, my tundra is starting to see some frame corrosion, which is driving my current change from pushing it to 300k to starting a leisurely search for a 2006 with low miles.

while i would offer my own opinion that 10k OCI are quite valid, i would also say that the current OCI is doing quite well for the OP, and that with the money he has saved on not buying a new truck, he can run every UOA past terry twice.

hey, if he is doing above 5k, i give him kudos. most people in the US will never go past 3 and worry while doing it.

The post you referenced was in response to Steve's comment to me. I could care less what the op spends his money on. I just think he could run 5,000 ocis on any synthetic without spending additional $ on a $100. Uoa. Spend that money on a good synthetic,good OF and a good oem AF. That's what I do. Don't think I'm the only person with this,rather,mainstream,opinion.

FZ1, that's fine, you have an opinion just as Steve S had, we all have opinions. I guess you guys just don't get it. INDYMAC was just trying to share with the rest of us on this series of UOA'S he has been doing and you guys brow beat him in the ground for doing so.

I'm really sorry, but I am going to miss INDYMAC'S post on here and I "don't think I'm the only person with this opinion."

I don't think this qualifys as "brow beating". It's merely a suggestion.
Save that uoa and additive money,and run the oem AF. Change the oil every 5k. Nothing wrong with M1 EP and an M1 filter for $35 at an auto parts store.

You're right. It's not a brow beating, it's thread(exrement)ing.

The main reason I joined this board was to read others' UOAs and post my own. People like you and Steve S would chase people off cause because they don't conform to your idea of maintenance, are of no use to me. Maybe you should find a different forum to frequent.

This forum is dedicated to people who care enough to spend money on a Used Oil Analysis and share it with others for discussion.

Such a person is rare among car owners. Naturally, a person going to such lengths is interested in:

1. What their actual results mean
2. How to improve their results (which may cost money)

Accordingly, there's absolutely no place on THIS forum for comments like FZ1 made, i.e.

"Save that UOA money. Save that money you spend trying to improve your UOA results. Just do what everyone else does and don't worry about it."

FZ1 is really arguing that the forum itself should not exist. Now that's a discussion for a different time and place.

That discussion that does NOT belong in a post from someone who is using this forum in the way it was intended.

To the extent it drives away posters from this forum, then BITOG and everyone else who uses this forum as its intended is hurt by such comments.

To the extent it drives away customers from Blackstone and Lubrication Engineers and other sponsors of BITOG, then these comments hurt BITOG and its sponsors.

As such, I am going to report the comments and suggest FZ1 should be banned from making them on this particular forum.

I don't think this qualifys as "brow beating". It's merely a suggestion.
Save that uoa and additive money,and run the oem AF. Change the oil every 5k. Nothing wrong with M1 EP and an M1 filter for $35 at an auto parts store.
That's a BITOG Grammar: subjunctive mood a la FZ1. You, boyz, are simply jealous..
Thank you for sharing, INDYMAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back