LC20 ok in a wet clutch motorcycle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there are more posts here on LC20 I thought I'd check and see if anyone had tried to use it in a wet clutch motorcycle. The way a motorcycle breaks down oil I thought this product might better keep the oil in the correct viscosity range.

Will work well, just start at lower dosages to ensure the proper clutch takeup effect is maintained.

1 ounce per qt is a good starting point.

Yep, my Dad runs it in his Honda Shadow 1100. I've riden it a few times myself and the shifting is defintely smoother,,,,op

Ran it just fine in my bike, It made a noticeable difference is clutch engagement after adding it, especially the standing still pop into first after sitting. Highly recommend it.

And like said above, no problem with ARX, although it did leave some bad stuff in my filters
smile.gif

Strangely, it did not work well in my experience. It went in smooth alright, stayed smooth until the first 'spirited riding' session with lots of high rpm riding and full power pulls. After that shifting was strangely notchy and engine felt rougher with more vibrations. There is no clutch slip detected. In fact, it felt less slick and more reluctant to rev.

LC at roughly 2 ounce per quart was added to a 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6, oil was just changed, under 200 miles into the fresh oil. The oil was something I was familiar with, a 16.3Cst polyolester synthetic from a cycle oil brand. It worked great in previous experience, shifted great and noticably maintained it's viscosity well until it was replaced at 3000+miles. This is in a notoriously small sump 15k rpm oil shearer bike ridden in tropical conditions. Alot of mix usage, but typically ridden 'enthusiastically'.

After trying without luck to locate possible contributing factors to vibrations and notchy shifting like chainslack, external lubrication and TB sync, I finally dumped the oil at 460 miles, refilled with the same cycle oil. Immediate improvement was noted. Managed to put some spirited miles on the bike tonight, everything was slick and smooth as per normal. In fact, past experience with this oil is that it gets smoother with some spirited riding. I was really taken aback after adding the LC, it felt like a totally different oil.

I'm sure my supplier is reading this, we're both at a lost why this is so and really disappointed after a great experience with FP.

Here's the VOA of the oil (in a different visc) I'm using. I'm using the 5W50 Ultra

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000352

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back