LC/FP Dyson Analysis paper by Molakule

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: 15 month seal test...

Were these tests all conducted at ambient temperature? Has anyone ever studied the effect on seal materials at elevated temps, as one would expect to see in an engine bay?

Good Question.

The test was primarily a "soak" test to determine the effect of LC and FP on seal pliability, material, and dimensional changes.

Temperatures varied between -20 F and 115 F.

Nova,

The answer to your question is yes!

The validation testing of seals and compatibility has been done in about 80% of my customers engines and validated by UOA's interpreted personally by me.

I am also continuing correlated UOA's to Mola's bench testing on a number of areas including extended drain tests using LC and all bases of motor oils, compatiblity with Auto-RX etc.

LC/FP did not hire Dyson Analysis for that level of testing thus it is not public.

Suffice it to say that many of the UOA's posted here on BITOG are using LC and FP now at varying levels. Not one seal or compatiblity issue yet in 1.5 years of testing.

I would submit that the product has been in use since the late 1940's to present. If it was not safe when used appropriately we would have known it by now. Odis has used it at differing levels of treat rate since the 60's and all his cars run quite nicely.

On one car ( 80's ford V8) Odis bought new, he changed the oil once after bringing it home and NEVER changed the oil for 100,000+ miles using LC/FP and periodic oil filter changes. He used Quaker State 10w-40 I think. The car is still running and in driven daily .

I personally sampled, analyzed, and visually inspected a Ford 300 6 cyl F150 that Odis owns that had 25,000 + miles on one oil change using pennzoil. He had a terrible air leak that was sand blasting things until analysis id'd the problem but the engine and oil was in good condition. He still drives that today.

TD

I should add that LC had been used in Trash Hauler and Compactor hydraulics for over 20 years, according to Odis, and during those years, not one seal had to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back