Any recommendations on which model Dyson cordless vacuum?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
My Wife wants a Dyson cordless vacuum and wants it now. Dyson is having a sale this three day weekend.

I checked Costco, and they are selling the V11 model for 669. Dyson direct is selling v11 on sale for $599.

Looks like Dyson goes up to model v15, and same models sell with different options.

Any recommendations on how to select a Dyson cordless vacuum?

Those things are grossly overpriced, but so is alimony. :eek:
You are spot on.

We have four household Hoover vacuums. from little cordless vacuum to a vacuum which will suck up small mammals without even a burp.

Our adult daughter came to visit for two weeks last month. Our daughter has a Dyson, and convinced my wife she needs one. Providing my wife data, facts, anything on the subject will be in vain.

I will be buying a Dyson this weekend....

Last edited:
My experience with Dyson was lackluster to say the least. I replaced a more expensive Dyson with 2 Shark vac's and they have been solid. Only beef is they do fill up easily. Vac is big in my home as I have 3 kids (oldest 16) and dogs and 3 levels of floors to keep clean. Good luck.

You are spot on.

We have four household Hoover vacuums. from little cordless vacuum to a vacuum which will suck up small mammals without even a burp.

Our adult daughter came to visit for two weeks last month. Our daughter has a Dyson, and convinced my wife she needs one. Providing my wife data, facts, anything on the subject will be in vain.

I will be buying a Dyson this weekend....
We have a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+Allergy which replaced a Shark Rotator (NV501). I like that I don’t have to routinely replace filters. My only complaint with the Dyson is the way the head is designed it won’t allow you to easily vacuum up cereal off hard floors unless you use the wand, but dust and hair it absolutely annihilates the Shark. But that’s not cordless.

We also have one that I got as a gift, it looks like the V8 but doesn’t have a long attachment with a head, more of a hand vac. That thing works great as well, but I use it primarily to suck up spiders.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
I have had a V8 for 7 years. Love it. I can vac the whole house (1900 sq ft) on one charge. It's light, easy to handle, and it sucks - I mean it really sucks!

Got it when I got sick, it was all I could handle at the time. It's been dead-perfect reliable.

When you need to replace the original battery, you can get double-size replacements from amzn, etc.

Wife and I had a not so good discussion about the Dyson. So she bought the V8 on her own earlier this afternoon.

Lesson learned, facts will never beat emotions.

We have a V11 which got used a lot until we got robotic vacuums (now have a flock of 3). The robots take care of the vacuuming the floors now with the occasional manual clean of the corners and stairs. The Dyson now has been relegated to the duty of removing errant bugs and for me when I clean the car.

OP at least you had a discussion. Ours just showed up. I don't do the cleaning so need to provide the best available tools to the wife who does the cleaning. I see no problem with it. If I am to argue for the cheap option then I will have to use them myself. Since I don't, I don't argue.

We have a V11 which got used a lot until we got robotic vacuums (now have a flock of 3). The robots take care of the vacuuming the floors now with the occasional manual clean of the corners and stairs. The Dyson now has been relegated to the duty of removing errant bugs and for me when I clean the car.

OP at least you had a discussion. Ours just showed up. I don't do the cleaning so need to provide the best available tools to the wife who does the cleaning. I see no problem with it. If I am to argue for the cheap option then I will have to use them myself. Since I don't, I don't argue.
VR,

The discussion went a "bit south" after I weighed in on model selection. My Wife ended up buying the Dyson V8, without my recommendation. We also have the roomba.

Wife is beyond OCD about cleanliness.

Last edited:
Wife and I had a not so good discussion about the Dyson. So she bought the V8 on her own earlier this afternoon.

Lesson learned, facts will never beat emotions.
Same with iPhone fans...... Loyalty above everything else.

I picked up a Shark stick vac at Costco two months ago. More than 50 pct cheaper. My loyalty is to my bank account 😂.

Later today I will be mounting the cordless Dyson recharge station/ mount in a closet that does not have an outlet. This is where my Wife wants the vacuum and I do not get to have input.

So, in bringing this thread to a close- of note please see the chart that better explains why I am mounting a vacuum charging station in a closet with no power:

Picture3.jpg

Later today I will be mounting the cordless Dyson recharge station/ mount in a closet that does not have an outlet. This is where my Wife wants the vacuum and I do not get to have input.

So, in bringing this thread to a close- of note please see the chart that better explains why I am mounting a vacuum charging station in a closet with no power:

View attachment 116519
So just curious, is the Dyson still operating?
I'm on a bit of a vacuum kick lately

I've had my V8 for more than 5 years, and it works fantastic. I *did* replace the battery with a high-watt hour from Amazon, so I don't have to recharge after each use.

BC,

The Dyson is still operating, but a observation is to purchase the latest released model. The charging system in the model we purchased was built very cheap and awkward. The later released model (my Daughter has it), has an improved charging mount. As others have pointed out, Dyson has a great marketing campaign, but it may not be the best designed vacuum in this category. Might be beneficial to review other manufacturers.

Back