Laws broken in Top Gun: Maverick

As a non-military person, it's somewhat interesting to know what isn't realistic. I can know that Hollywood takes liberties, and enjoy the movie for what it is, but these days, it's rewatching with commentary from various viewpoints which sometimes is more interesting than the actual movie.

As a non-military person, it's somewhat interesting to know what isn't realistic. I can know that Hollywood takes liberties, and enjoy the movie for what it is, but these days, it's rewatching with commentary from various viewpoints which sometimes is more interesting than the actual movie.

Nitpicking a movie can be entertainment on its own.

I've watched a military aviation channel where they gave top marks to Flight of the Intruder for being reasonably accurate about military procedures. But most people think the movie sucks.

It can be. When you rewatch and can now talk out loud :) it can be interesting to pull apart and discuss, either plot twists or foolish directions. Or admire something really well done.

I've watched a military aviation channel where they gave top marks to Flight of the Intruder for being reasonably accurate about military procedures. But most people think the movie sucks.
Been a while since I watched that one... too many good movies to watch. I should look that one up, something to watch tonight.

What was the one with Nick Cage being an Apache(?) pilot? Don't recall good or not, but whenever I go to tackle a job around the house that I've never done before, a bit unsure, I start chanting "I am the greatest! I am the greatest!" like he did in the simulator... right before crashing (because of an eye dominance problem).

Doesn't "maverick" mean "outlaw"? It's right there in the title that this is going to be a movie about a protagonist willing to break some laws if that is what it takes to get the job done.

Doesn't "maverick" mean "outlaw"? It's right there in the title that this is going to be a movie about a protagonist willing to break some laws if that is what it takes to get the job done.
Maverick is also Mark Kiev. Sounds suspect.

It can be. When you rewatch and can now talk out loud :) it can be interesting to pull apart and discuss, either plot twists or foolish directions. Or admire something really well done.

Been a while since I watched that one... too many good movies to watch. I should look that one up, something to watch tonight.

What was the one with Nick Cage being an Apache(?) pilot? Don't recall good or not, but whenever I go to tackle a job around the house that I've never done before, a bit unsure, I start chanting "I am the greatest! I am the greatest!" like he did in the simulator... right before crashing (because of an eye dominance problem).

Fire Birds. I guess a lot of the main characters are warrant officers, even though I understand quite a few helo pilots are commissioned officers.

Movies, good movies, are about telling a story in a compelling way. Strong characters. Tight writing. Gripping plot. Scene composition that supports the story.

If you’re lacking that, the movie sucks, no matter how technically accurate it may be.

Good book! Author Stephen Coonts flew A-6 Intruders in Vietnam, so presumably knows what's what.

Please, google "Steven Seagal motorcycle." First search result on Google! Hilarious. they CGIed his fat face behind the visor of a motorcycle;e helmet. You have to see it to believe it.

Good book! Author Stephen Coonts flew A-6 Intruders in Vietnam, so presumably knows what's what.

They were specifically referring to the movie.

My understanding is that realistic military aviation movies tend to be boring to no end.

I suppose what the public wants is a missile that follows a plane for 45 seconds like the scene from Behind Enemy Lines.

Tom Cruise's personal positions have ruined me enjoying any movies he's in... There I feel better now. 😂
Haha, I feel just the opposite. I tend to like all of his movies, and especially so because it amazes me that someone so "different" (obviously strange views) can do that well as an actor and portray some form of normality.

Pay attention to the end…

Hangman fires a missile, destroying the Mig. He is then shown to have four missiles still onboard…. Hmmm…

Oxygen and radio connectors are also different between the F-18 and F14…

Haha, I feel just the opposite. I tend to like all of his movies, and especially so because it amazes me that someone so "different" (obviously strange views) can do that well as an actor and portray some form of normality.
Nothing wrong with that. I'm not going to claim he's a "Terrible actor".

Back