Largest M1 filter for Jeep 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: ARMY_Guy
Dear BITOG'ers

I was wondering whatis the largest Mobil 1 filter for my straight 6 4.0 motor of the Jeep Wrangler.
It calls for a 204.
Will take a 301.
Wondering about the 403.

May use M1 15w50, since the 0-40 is shearing easy, and I can hear the valves getting starved sometimes. On that note, do you recommend 1 qt of Hyperlube or Lucas? I stay away from Lucas but since I'm here I'll ask for your valued opinions. How about Delvac? Do tell. The oil pressure gauge gets pinned. Think it needs replacement. The seals are new and it runs great after everything gets warmed up after 5 minutes of driving. 200,000 miles. Let's do this. #Hooah.

I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I run oil filters made for the Cummins 5.9/6.7 on my 4.0, using a thread adapter.

Started with an LF9028, but stepped up to a DBL7349, since I buy them in cases.

It does not touch the frame.

If you're looking to avoid shear, M1 15-50 will not help. That oil is a real knockover. I'm running Valvoline VR1 10W30 synthetic in mine (also purchased by the case) and it couldn't be quieter or happier. Shear? No. My Harleys can't shear VR1. 4.0 doesn't stand a chance.

On your "thread adapter" did you make it or buy it? and if bought where at?

Thank's
ROD

Originally Posted By: rrounds
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: ARMY_Guy
Dear BITOG'ers

I was wondering whatis the largest Mobil 1 filter for my straight 6 4.0 motor of the Jeep Wrangler.
It calls for a 204.
Will take a 301.
Wondering about the 403.

May use M1 15w50, since the 0-40 is shearing easy, and I can hear the valves getting starved sometimes. On that note, do you recommend 1 qt of Hyperlube or Lucas? I stay away from Lucas but since I'm here I'll ask for your valued opinions. How about Delvac? Do tell. The oil pressure gauge gets pinned. Think it needs replacement. The seals are new and it runs great after everything gets warmed up after 5 minutes of driving. 200,000 miles. Let's do this. #Hooah.

I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I run oil filters made for the Cummins 5.9/6.7 on my 4.0, using a thread adapter.

Started with an LF9028, but stepped up to a DBL7349, since I buy them in cases.

It does not touch the frame.

If you're looking to avoid shear, M1 15-50 will not help. That oil is a real knockover. I'm running Valvoline VR1 10W30 synthetic in mine (also purchased by the case) and it couldn't be quieter or happier. Shear? No. My Harleys can't shear VR1. 4.0 doesn't stand a chance.

Thank's
ROD

Same question here, got a lot of spare Cummins filters around.

Originally Posted By: rrounds

Thank's
ROD

Pardon me if this violates any rules I may have missed, but I got it from "tmvtaylor" on a certain "bay" auction site.

Certainly not a necessary thing for my engine at all, but the DBL7349's 100% efficiency @ 20 microns is a nice touch. I get 4 5000 mile OCI's out of one filter (developed through UOA sampling), so it pays in the long run. Punched her out to just shy of 8 quarts capacity too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back