Larger oil filter in 2007 Honda Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a larger filter available for the 2007 1.8 Honda Civic? One that fits and works right. Your input and experience is appreciated.

Last edited:
i doubt theres anything that fits bigger "length" wise with the right specs or thread pitch.

im not exactly sure what you're trying to do or accomplish but the reccomended filter size and all the other cross referenced aftermarket filters work great.

the s2000 size filter (filter size honda used on all their hondas before about 2000) fits on nearly every honda as well. which is a wider filter with a tad bit of more filtering media, although it uses a round o ring and requires more torque to tighten which may cause it become harder to remove on OCI. in a 1.8 06-11 civic im sure it wont fit because of the recessed oil pan around the oil filter is already a pretty tight fit.

Last edited:
You are limited in oil filter selection. The largest filter that is available is K&N HP1005. The Mobil counter part M1-105 has been discontinued but would be $2 cheaper than the K&N. The best filter for the money is a Pure One PL14610.

Personally I would use the Pure One and feel confident that I have the best bang for the buck.

Originally Posted By: Radman
You are limited in oil filter selection. The largest filter that is available is K&N HP1005. The Mobil counter part M1-105 has been discontinued but would be $2 cheaper than the K&N. The best filter for the money is a Pure One PL14610.

Personally I would use the Pure One and feel confident that I have the best bang for the buck.

You are so incorrect, I cannot respond without getting booted from the board

Originally Posted By: steve20

Wow!!!

I just did a history search, and lost count of how many times you have told me that I am wrong.

I would like to know if you are my wife incognito?

Quote:
Quote:

Wow!!!

I just did a history search, and lost count of how many times you have told me that I am wrong.

crackmeup2.gif
Thanks for ha ha!

If there is enough room width wise (diameter), the PL/L14459 is somewhat wider with a bit filter oil volume. That said, the spec'd 14610 has a bit more media area than the 14459. I'd stick with it.

Just curious, why do you want a larger filter on your Civic? They are about as easy on oil as any car currently available. The standard filter size should be fine in a premium grade filter for any OCI used within reason.

Originally Posted By: Radman

Wow!!!

lmao

Have you looked at Baldwin filters?
I use them on my Honda motorcycle(as big as will fit B161-S)and my S2000(B7042). They make about 6 filters that fit your car IF you have room for a larger filter.

ROD

the 14610 P1 filtering ability is measured at 40 microns, not 20 microns like many other filters. That makes it not the best value out there because there are better filtering filters for less money ie WIX with Beta numbers of 2/20 6/20.
Other P1s are measured at 20 mics, the 14610 is not

the 14610 P1 filtering ability is measured at 40 microns, not 20 microns like many other filters. That makes it not the best value out there because there are better filtering filters for less money ie WIX with Beta numbers of 2/20 6/20.
Other P1s are measured at 20 mics, the 14610 is not

Beta ratio 2/20, 6/20 is 50% @ 6 microns & 95% @ 20 microns.

How do you know what beta the 14610 is at with the 20 micron reference? It could very well be close to 95% @ 20 microns when it's 99.9% @ 40 microns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back