Laptopscreen.Com rip off/SCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory on what happened is that because there was a small pixel issue (which he was compensated for and agreed to the compensated amount) is that he decided he was going to maybe flip the screen to re-orientate the pixel in a different corner-and dropped while trying to do so or cracked it when removing the screen from the PC.

Either way-he was busted.

I still want to know how the vendor has so many positive reviews from people that only reviewed a company selling laptop screens - a commodity no one is excited about or wants to buy.

A lot of people here obviously understand LCD screen repair very well. But I suspect that the OP interprets the word "cracked" in layman's terms, hence his statement to support that the screen isn't cracked.

This is what HP say about the issue:

Quote:
LCD display screens on notebook computers are made of two thin layers of glass with dark liquid crystal material in between. The glass is covered on the outside by a layer of plastic. Customers often feel that there cannot be a broken LCD display because they cannot feel the break. However, cracks in the glass usually cannot be felt because the plastic covering rarely breaks or fractures.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01608578

I think there has been a misunderstanding on what "cracked" meant.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I still want to know how the vendor has so many positive reviews from people that only reviewed a company selling laptop screens - a commodity no one is excited about or wants to buy.

How does this matter in one way or the other in the context to what the OP's original complaint is? Yes, there could be ghost reviews-that's possible. It's possible with any Internet based business. But what does it matter in the context of the OP's post? Please explain?

Originally Posted By: CKN

How does this matter in one way or the other in the context to what the OP's original complaint is? Yes, there could be ghost reviews-that's possible. It's possible with any Internet based business. But what does it matter in the context of the OP's post? Please explain?

"LSB" that registered only to reply in this thread posted links to these reviews and I am replying to LSB's post.

I didn't even know about laptopscreen.com before this thread

their prices look pretty [censored] good to a guy who used to charge customers $600+ for laptop screen replacements ~20 years ago

Obviously shill reviews. Even the best places will have gripes from unreasonable people (like the OP).

I avoid any retailer that writes shill reviews no matter how good the real reviews are. There was a time when Amazon & resellerratings provided useful feedback on products or retailers, but the shill reviews have destroyed their credibility.

My personal experience selling on ebay is that very very few buyers actually take the time to leave feedback, even when it takes just seconds. For 24,000 buyers to take the time to write all those glowing reviews on resellerratings, is beyond believable. They are fake. Replacing a laptop screen is as common as buying a farm tractor. I would have expected no more than 30 reviews, a third of which were bad. Even bestbuy has only 1300.

I have been buying on eBay since 1998. I consider it a responsibility to leave feedback. It's my way of "paying" for being able to find obscure items and good deals. I will not buy from a seller that does not have at least 99% positive feedback so on the few occasions when I sell I ask my buyers to leave feedback. Regardless of the criticism eBay has garnered it is still one of my go-to sources for almost anything.

And, yes, there are some people who will never be satisfied no matter what you do.

Originally Posted By: xfactor9

Obviously shill reviews. Even the best places will have gripes from unreasonable people (like the OP).

I avoid any retailer that writes shill reviews no matter how good the real reviews are. There was a time when Amazon & resellerratings provided useful feedback on products or retailers, but the shill reviews have destroyed their credibility.

My personal experience selling on ebay is that very very few buyers actually take the time to leave feedback, even when it takes just seconds. For 24,000 buyers to take the time to write all those glowing reviews on resellerratings, is beyond believable. They are fake. Replacing a laptop screen is as common as buying a farm tractor. I would have expected no more than 30 reviews, a third of which were bad. Even bestbuy has only 1300.

BryanKKKK posted-

Lol OP got busted, our company has ordered 1000s of screens from them with only a few issues, but always resolved promptly and to our satisfaction.

Even though the company in question could have "shill reviews" you have no idea when you do business with ANY Internet based company-how many are faked reviews. There is a poster on this thread who said his company has bought 100's of replacement screens from the company in question-with few problems. Sounds like a good review to me. I guess dishdude we have have our REASONS FOR BUYING/NOT BUYING where we do...don't we?

Last edited:
So hillarious

your customer service is **** because they abruptly assume all customers are there to steal.

Right off the bat without even doubting blames the customer for breaking the screen.

What if you go to a dealership and the part you purchased broke 2 months down the road even though it work for 1 week.

How does your company feel about that? That's why I always use credit card on sketchy websites like yours.

Fake reviews.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
A lot of people here obviously understand LCD screen repair very well. But I suspect that the OP interprets the word "cracked" in layman's terms, hence his statement to support that the screen isn't cracked.

This is what HP say about the issue:

Quote:
LCD display screens on notebook computers are made of two thin layers of glass with dark liquid crystal material in between. The glass is covered on the outside by a layer of plastic. Customers often feel that there cannot be a broken LCD display because they cannot feel the break. However, cracks in the glass usually cannot be felt because the plastic covering rarely breaks or fractures.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01608578

I think there has been a misunderstanding on what "cracked" meant.

Well then the screen is [censored] and cracked after use.

Now one thing I that I grabbed a hammer and hit while the screen sat there for 12 hours it bled out.

Meanwhile you trolls blindly trust what fraud corporate reps say.

Originally Posted By: LSB

That's the way of the Internet.

Yes, not a satisfactory feeling at all, especially considering that the strong accusatory rhetoric that began the thread was indexed by Google into 50 pages of results screaming "SCAM" for our company this week.

I rigorously searched though our support queue and I have found this case, without further adieu, behold - the entire account of the situation:

- Customer placed an order with us on Sunday Mar 20, 2016 at 16:30:43 (Estimated Delivery on Mon, Mar 28)
- Order was packed and shipped next day on Monday Mar 20 in the morning
- Order was delivered on Monday Mar 28th as promised

Customer contacted support on Mar 28 and a support ticket was created for the customer:

Mar 28, 2016 14:44:04
Agent wrote:
Thank you for contacting the support team.
Please try the following method to remove the stuck pixel: http://www.jscreenfix.com/
This software will flash colours across the effected area, please allow it to run for up to 1-2 hours.
This may revive the pixel accordingly.
Please update us with the results of this test if further action is required.

Mar 29, 2016 1:33:59
Stewie wrote:
After 3 hours of running the red pixel is still stuck.

Mar 29, 2016 9:34:28
Agent wrote:
We can offer a $15 refund if you decide to keep the screen, or we can proceed with an exchange. Please let us know which option you prefer.

Mar 29, 2016 9:36:18
Stewie wrote:
Can we settle on $20 if I keep the screen?

Mar 29, 2016 10:21:44
Agent wrote:
Refund for 20$ will be issued shortly.

Mar 29, 2016 10:35:55
Agent wrote:
Refund has been issued today. Thank You.

Mar 29, 2016 11:44:14
Stewie wrote:
After powering my laptop today, my screen started bleeding as shown in the picture.

34bb523761d05f4cf55e940fa495be4d.jpg

Mar 29, 2016 12:15:15
Agent wrote:
The screen shown is cracked, thus the LCD bleeding within the screen. Our warranty does not cover cracked screens.
Please check this link:
Warranty Policy

Mar 29, 2016 13:22:31
Stewie wrote:
It is not cracked. If touched lightly it works perfectly fine.
I would like a replacement please.

Mar 29, 2016 13:47:18
Agent wrote:
The screen pictured is 100% cracked, it is not valid for replacement.

---------------

So it seems that the screen made it to customer OK, but had 1 red stuck pixel on it. Support offered tips to recover it and offered to do an exchange or partial refund. At some point the screen became cracked and customer requested to replace it. The screen pictured above is no longer resalable - it will never work properly again.

As an internet shop, Scams hurt us just as much as they hurt consumers - fraudulent sites that pretend to sell cheap things - but in reality send fake/counterfeit goods, or even worse steal peoples financial information - such occurrences completely destroy on-line trust and scare customers away from on-line shopping.
That is why we are supporting our local Better Business Bureau Top 10 Scams campaign this year: https://twitter.com/BBB_BC/status/702203282266071040

We have been in business for 10 years and as a company that sells highly fragile and technical items we work really hard to maintain our good reputation:

We have been BBB Accredited with A+ rating since 2013:
http://www.bbb.org/mbc/business-reviews/...uver-bc-1257595

We have 9.9/10 rating and over 24 thousand (!!!) customer reviews on ResellerRatings.com:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Laptop_Screen

We have 4.8/5 rating and over 8 thousand customer reviews on ShopperApproved.com:
http://www.shopperapproved.com/reviews/laptopscreen.com/

We have 9.8/10 rating and over 1 thousand customer reviews on TrustPilot.com:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.laptopscreen.com

We have 97% rating and over 1 thousand customer reviews on SiteJabber.com:
http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.laptopscreen.com

One would be hard-pressed to find another technology oriented company that maintains such high over-all levels of customer satisfaction.
We really do care about our customers as if we ourselves were making the same purchase.

And one last thing - if anyone here thinks that all things considered we do owe Stewie a free LCD screen - let me know so and why - and we'll overnight it to him.

Best regards,

Ellis
LaptopScreen.com

Also I do find it mind boggling that you are just releasing private information.

Either way I have grounds for suing you due to privacy violation.

One can argue reviews. One cannot deny the fact the OP (apparently) cracked the screen and wanted a new one. If I was the mod on this board it would be adios to the OP!

As stated...he is avoiding this thread HE CREATED once he was challenged by the seller.

His credibility in any thread is zero in my view.

I just don't like to feed the trolls.

Screens don't spontaneously crack, and programs wond break a screen. Physical force is required to do that. You foolishly installed a broken screen, or you or someone broke it after the fact. To state that the program broke it during a 12 hour program is asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back