Laptop Advice for Home Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wkcars
Also nvidia and amd are releasing new graphics chips so you might want to wait for laptops to come with one of the new mobile graphics chips.

They're always doing that. I waited a long time for Pascal and then gave up. With Maxwell-powered laptops dropping so low, I took the plunge on a GTX970 3GB laptop.

Hello!

If you haven't decided on what laptop you need to buy, I could recommend something to help you in decision making.

Recently, I browsed online and read at http://www.laptoprunner.com/best-gaming-laptop-under-1000/, I saw Toshiba Satellite 17.3" Full HD High Performance Laptop Computer. Specs are the following:

17.3" TruBrite TFT Full HD (1920 x 1080) Display / Intel HD Graphics 4600
4th generation Intel Quad Core i7-4720HQ Processor, 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
16GB DDR3 SDRAM / 1TB Hard Drive (5400RPM ) / Multiformat DVD Drive
Backlit Keyboard / Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0 / Harmon/Kardon Stereo Speakers + DTS Sound Processing
Windows 10 64-bit / 6-cell lithium-ion battery / HDMI (with 4K Ultra HD output capability)

Since it's on sale, it made me purchased for just $989.99.

Upon the purchased, all I can say is I really love the performance of this laptop. The 16gb of Ram along with the i7 chip make this a blazing fast laptop. It’s perfect for business use. The screen is vivid and clear. I looked long and hard for which laptop to get, this was the best one I found at the best deal, it was even better than I expected, it comes with all the whistles and bells one would want to gaming and even video editing, it even comes with a video editing software which I intend to use, I love the looks of it, the feel of it and I love how easy it is to operate and set up, there is not one bad thing I could say about it, only good down to the quality of the video's, the size and how it feels in your hands typing, really looks and feels great.

I have been a Toshiba fan for at least ten years, they built superior products.Having said that they now build pi$$ poor products and I will not buy another. Their former superior build quality has dropped to near the bottom of the pile. Look at ratings.

I had TWO 17" laptops that were even more expensive than yours. Both took a big $hit shortly after the warranty expired.....I threw them away. I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you purchase the extended warranty for your new unit.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
I have been a Toshiba fan for at least ten years, they built superior products.Having said that they now build pi$$ poor products and I will not buy another. Their former superior build quality has dropped to near the bottom of the pile. Look at ratings.

I had TWO 17" laptops that were even more expensive than yours. Both took a big $hit shortly after the warranty expired.....I threw them away. I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you purchase the extended warranty for your new unit.

I am going to have to +1 about the Toshiba as well. All I can provide is anecdotal evidence but my mom went through 2 toshiba laptops within a year and a half and my cousin's took a [censored] on hers within 3 years.

I am a big fan of ASUS and Lenovo but that is my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back