LA times investigation-Toyoda

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the term, shadenfreude?

I, for one, will not be losing a wink of sleep over Toyota falling off its pedestal. As I said a while back, Toyota is finding out that becoming king of the hill is one thing. Staying there is another. And if the allegations are true, it would appear that Toyota wasn't exactly "honorable" in its quest to get to the top

Last edited:
Most telling, there is only one??? OBD reader for Toyoda in north america.????!!!!
[censored]
That should just not be,but says a lot about the mindset of Toyoda

Originally Posted By: hone eagle
Most telling, there is only one??? OBD reader for Toyoda in north america.????!!!!
[censored]
That should just not be,but says a lot about the mindset of Toyoda

With TWO passwords to retrieve the information.

Tells me they are worried about whistle blowers.

Toyota! Oh, what a feeling!
33.gif

I think it's about time that media and government agencies got their hands on Toyota, as they've been riding the "best in quality and safety" wagon far too long. Even the article mentions that nobody, even NTHSA, bothered to scratch the surface deeper when it came to Toyota safety problems because, hey it's a Toyota, they said they are ethical, right?

Now, this is the perfect time for Ford, GM and Chrysler to really get their act together, as media has it's way with Toyota and diverts public's attention away from them, especially GM, I hope they don't miss on this golden opportunity.

All auto companys avoid recalls whenever possible. Toyota is no exception. GM, Ford, Chrysler, Nissan, Honda all have done the same. The CEO of Mitsubishi did jail time IIRC for hiding over 50 recall problems with their vehicles.

Buyer Beware.

I dont read the times ,is it a rag or serious paper?

Rag for sure....way out leftist wacko rag.

That's the problem with being on top; everybody's always gunnin' for ya. It was the same when GM was on top....

Originally Posted By: PT1

I dont read the times ,is it a rag or serious paper?

Rag for sure....way out leftist wacko rag.

Hard to believe that California would have a paper like that!!!!

Originally Posted By: grampi
That's the problem with being on top; everybody's always gunnin' for ya. It was the same when GM was on top....

Exactly...GM did worse with the fuel tank exploders on their pickup trucks. Ford did it with the Explorer tire fiasco and on and on. It is the way of big business versus the consumer.

as much as i like my camry, and as solid as it is, i will most likely look elsewhere next time i buy a car - either Ford, VW or Hyundai.

Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
Hey look! Another Toyota bashing thread? When does it end?

When will it end?
When they come clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back