Could anyone run a carfax for a vehicle I am looking at?

Going to look at a 2004 honda civic today. Vin is JHMES95624S017800. You can pm me if you dont want to list it here. Thanks.

This 237,000 mile $1500 beater?

I wouldn't waste $2 on a Carfax. You tell just from looking at it and the description that it's been to h and back.

For what it is worth, try this:

1. download mycarfax app - I use this to keep track of my maintenance history (and I know the data is being share but I dont mind)
2. register the vehicle using its VIN
3. you may be able to see the history (then delete the car)

However, note that the carfax records exist only when dealers / shops participate. And as others pointed out, I think a carfax history is probably "irrelevant" given the price. I was about to say "oh, these engines should last forever" but not sure what "hybrid engine" requires (e.g., is it a simple rebuild or more compliaced with a hybrid engine?)..in any case, looks like a good project car!

This 237,000 mile $1500 beater?

I wouldn't waste $2 on a Carfax. You tell just from looking at it and the description that it's been to h and back.
Atikovic, been a long time since I have been used car shopping and remember the unlimited Carfax plans at the time for something like under $25.00 or so? Last time I checked the single Carfax price went way up as did the unlimited. Can you now get a report for $2.00?
Or was this tongue in cheek that even $2.00 is a waste for this car?

Atikovic, been a long time since I have been used car shopping and remember the unlimited Carfax plans at the time for something like under $25.00 or so? Last time I checked the single Carfax price went way up as did the unlimited. Can you now get a report for $2.00?
It is never ever a waste on a carfax, always something to be learned. The issue is finding a low-cost Seller of carfax. I pay on average of $10 USD for a carfax.

Last time I checked the single Carfax price went way up as did the unlimited. Can you now get a report for $2.00?
I've seen them for $5-$6 sometimes. And I meant that for $1500, I don't much care if it was in an accident five times. I wan't to know how it runs and drives, and you don't get that from a piece of paper.

Several years ago I did a search on ebay site , multiple people sell reports bought a carfax report for $9.95 It worked out great.

Back