Krown and RustCheck differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was talking to some friends this past weekend, and they indicated they were going to some local place where they use bar and chain oil. Heat it up, spray it on in the fall, then drive down a dirt road.

I sprayed what I could on my Camry, using Fluid Film but I couldn't get up under it very well, still haven't borrowed ramps. I need to finish the job on the Jetta, but it may be too far gone. Truck was sprayed this spring and still retains the vast majority of it, as it has only gone 4k since then.

I will say I have an non-scientific experiment going with FF. I sprayed the rock chips on my Jetta to see if it will slow down the rust. We'll see how it stands up to being in the sun, and being rained on, and having the snow brush wipe across it. If it stays on for a few months I'll be impressed, and might just spray the whole car with it. I suspect it will help make brushing the snow off easier.

I just wanted to show some oil based rustproofing creeping action. These are pics of my Mazda 3 that I sprayed about a month ago myself. The fenders were only sprayed on the inside and any over spray was wiped off. The product I used is quite thick and gel like, but as you can see it creeps rather well, even all the way around the fender lip. Krown never crept like that.

p.s. I know the car is filthy, but I was waiting for the rustproofing product to settle in.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I just wanted to show some oil based rustproofing creeping action. These are pics of my Mazda 3 that I sprayed about a month ago myself. The fenders were only sprayed on the inside and any over spray was wiped off. The product I used is quite thick and gel like, but as you can see it creeps rather well, even all the way around the fender lip. Krown never crept like that.

p.s. I know the car is filthy, but I was waiting for the rustproofing product to settle in.

FWIW, Krown creeps like that on our Expedition. Might be who does the application
wink.gif
As you know, I have a buddy of mine spray our vehicles.

Originally Posted By: George7941
Well, KrisZ, your post would be more informative if you actually named the product you sprayed on.

This is what I used (not my pic). They're based out of Kitchener. Good stuff and dirt cheap if you want to DIY.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: George7941
Well, KrisZ, your post would be more informative if you actually named the product you sprayed on.

This is what I used. They're based out of Kitchener. Good stuff and dirt cheap if you want to DIY.

how do you apply it?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

FWIW, Krown creeps like that on our Expedition. Might be who does the application
wink.gif

That is why I stopped going to the place I used, as they started to slack off and and applied less product. I didn't phrase myself correctly. Krown creeps very well, better than Monarch Oil stuff because it's thinner, but it never crept around the fenders because it was sparingly applied.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

wink.gif

That is why I stopped going to the place I used, as they started to slack off and and applied less product. I didn't phrase myself correctly. Krown creeps very well, better than Monarch Oil stuff because it's thinner, but it never crept around the fenders because it was sparingly applied.

Yeah, the sparingly applied part is the sad situation with many of the places today. My buddy spent a good hour (perhaps it was longer than that.... I posted about it in the past) doing my car. He drenched it. That's how they all used to do it
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back