Kirkland Synthetic oil

All,

I emailed Blackstone on their opinion based on the data they’ve seen on Kirkland oil analysis they’ve done:

F,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question.

Unfortunately, I can't share any specific reports or data with you due our policy of only sending data to the customer that has paid for said analysis. (Unless permission is given otherwise.) But I can share with you with our experience.

We see Kirkland oil samples all the time. From what we can see in our testing, it does as fine a job as any other brand. I personally use it because of the great deal. The additive package we seeing in testing is very similar to most oil brands, too.

Feel free to try using it for an interval or two and see if anything changes. We'll be sure to let know - though we find its the engine and how its used is what matters the most when it comes to wear.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

At 09:11 AM 5/24/2021, you wrote:
Which goes right along with their earlier comments that they cannot observe any significant statistical differences in UOA results between any appropriately rated oil.

Which then goes right along with the fact that a UOA or VOA is not the tool to determine quality differences between oils. Those tools show much more how the engine is operating rather than "how good" the oil is. Approvals, licenses and specifications show how good the oil is.

All,

I emailed Blackstone on their opinion based on the data they’ve seen on Kirkland oil analysis they’ve done:

F,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question.

Unfortunately, I can't share any specific reports or data with you due our policy of only sending data to the customer that has paid for said analysis. (Unless permission is given otherwise.) But I can share with you with our experience.

We see Kirkland oil samples all the time. From what we can see in our testing, it does as fine a job as any other brand. I personally use it because of the great deal. The additive package we seeing in testing is very similar to most oil brands, too.

Feel free to try using it for an interval or two and see if anything changes. We'll be sure to let know - though we find its the engine and how its used is what matters the most when it comes to wear.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

At 09:11 AM 5/24/2021, you wrote

Which goes right along with their earlier comments that they cannot observe any significant statistical differences in UOA results between any appropriately rated oil.

Which then goes right along with the fact that a UOA or VOA is not the tool to determine quality differences between oils. Those tools show much more how the engine is operating rather than "how good" the oil is. Approvals, licenses and specifications show how good the oil is.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Well stated kschachn!

Regarding the best oil, we should all know by now that only YouTube tests can resolve the matter. For some reason I can not not watch the flow tests. It's like the last 5 laps of NASCAR. :alien:

Been running Kirkland oil in accord 1.5t and. Outback 2.5 since it came out, so a good while. Accord has 60k and has only ever had Amazon and Kirkland and hasn’t given me any read to think I should switch oils. Outback has 120k and gets has had the cheapest syn I could find, also no issues whatsoever. Oci’s are when the OLM tells me 15% or so. I also run Kirkland in my Honda 2000 gen cuz I have enough leftover from the accord to do a gen oil change, I do it every time even if I’ve only got a few hours on the thing, it’s 5 years old and runs perfect. I get the sense that Kirkland oil will have my engines lasting longer than the car or my interest in the car, especially cuz the lady has been discussing Tesla’s lol. Buy more expensive oil if you want but for my money Kirkland works just fine.

Been running Kirkland oil in accord 1.5t and. Outback 2.5 since it came out, so a good while. Accord has 60k and has only ever had Amazon and Kirkland and hasn’t given me any read to think I should switch oils. Outback has 120k and gets has had the cheapest syn I could find, also no issues whatsoever. Oci’s are when the OLM tells me 15% or so. I also run Kirkland in my Honda 2000 gen cuz I have enough leftover from the accord to do a gen oil change, I do it every time even if I’ve only got a few hours on the thing, it’s 5 years old and runs perfect. I get the sense that Kirkland oil will have my engines lasting longer than the car or my interest in the car, especially cuz the lady has been discussing Tesla’s lol. Buy more expensive oil if you want but for my money Kirkland works just fine.
(y) 🍻

We are new to Cosco, will be using the Kirkland 5/30 /carries Dexos certification, no need to look further, Supertech is my other go to oil. Price wins and they are pretty close right if I remembered correctly

We are new to Cosco, will be using the Kirkland 5/30 /carries Dexos certification, no need to look further, Supertech is my other go to oil. Price wins and they are pretty close right if I remembered correctly
Loggin to Costco.com with your membership. You will find periodic great deals come up And you get free delivery.

Anyone ever seen this on sale in Canada? I’ve been watching for a few months so I can stock up but nothing. Still a good deal at full price really.

Went to Costco yesterday hoping to find a sale on the 2 jug 5W30 box. Sadly it wasnt on sale and the price had risen to $29.99 for the 2 jugs. There goes my hopes of simplifying my oil stash and just skipping the sales and clearances and making the Kirkland oil my go to. :(

Anyone ever seen this on sale in Canada? I’ve been watching for a few months so I can stock up but nothing. Still a good deal at full price really.
It does come on sale but even then it's more expensive than ST at WM when on sale. I just buy ST oil now since PP has no MIRs for a while anymore. My OCIs are 6K km.

Went to Costco yesterday hoping to find a sale on the 2 jug 5W30 box. Sadly it wasnt on sale and the price had risen to $29.99 for the 2 jugs. There goes my hopes of simplifying my oil stash and just skipping the sales and clearances and making the Kirkland oil my go to. :(

I would think most would agree that $15.00 a jug is a very good price.

Back