King Charles to appear on Canadian Currency

Good grief. It’s happening. King Charles will be showing up on Canadian currencies with the first coins showing up in December. Apparently it’s going to happen in Australia as well.

6BCD0A45-E649-4007-B093-22D64FFEB696.jpeg

Isn't knowingly using "incorrect currencies" to cheat a vending machine counterfeiting?

The 10 yen coin (Japan) was a dead ringer for our quarter and travelers were said to have brought them back by the sack.
I had breakfast with a coin handling machine tech who proudly told me, "The 10 yen doesn't give us problems anymore".

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, B’y. You’ll have to ask da boys on the Rock what day tink. Newfoundland didn’t join Canada until 1949, so their parents might still be partial to Britain. :D
Canada's independence from the UK happened in 1982.

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, B’y. You’ll have to ask da boys on the Rock what day tink. Newfoundland didn’t join Canada until 1949, so their parents might still be partial to Britain. :D
Oh, I have already text one - he’s not planning for any LoL …

so is old Charles going to be on the Loonie or the Toonie?

as an aside, when are the Canadians finally going to ditch being part of the Empire?

Good grief. It’s happening. King Charles will be showing up on Canadian currencies with the first coins showing up in December. Apparently it’s going to happen in Australia as well.

View attachment 188490
I guess because I was born and raised in the USA though many people it seems even here put these people on some kind of pedestal.
I dont get it, dont pay attention to it, intensionally never click on any Royal stories. I mean, why?
My family and friends are far more important then any media personalities and that is the way I see it. There will always be followers I guess.
So, Canada is looking to England for approval? Monarchs, I thought we were past that? I dont know much about Canadian history, completely ignorant in fact. But ... well ... never mind ... :unsure:

I guess because I was born and raised in the USA though many people it seems even here put these people on some kind of pedestal.
I dont get it, dont pay attention to it, intensionally never click on any Royal stories. I mean, why?
My family and friends are far more important then any media personalities and that is the way I see it. There will always be followers I guess.
So, Canada is looking to England for approval? Monarchs, I thought we were past that? I dont know much about Canadian history, completely ignorant in fact. But ... well ... never mind ... :unsure:
honestly, Canadian history is sort of an "Eh".

as far as royalty ass kissing goes, I think it is best excuse is they are "celebrity".

Well, we did burn down the White House 😆
yeah, with encouragement from your British overlords. :)
that describes the whole War of 1812...( what do the Canadians call that war? ) a war to maybe settle the border or maybe get something back that was lost..

The Canadians and their British friends did all three countries quite a service during that war. We learned to not rely on part time volunteers led by political appointees that had no idea how to fight battles or lead troops. After the War of 1812 we established West Point and used that as a basis for a professional military. Nothing like getting your behind kicked to realize you need to be prepared for a fight.

Back