Website to teach me Chess

Can anyone recommend a good website that will teach me how to play chess? Is there one that will gently guide me into the game, like making suggestions for my next move, providing the logic behind it and so on? My skill level is zero. I understand the rules of how the Queen, King, Rooks, Bishops, etc. can move but that's it. Thanks in advance!

There are two sites I use:

They both have game analysis features to help you improve. I also like the puzzle sections for learning tactics. Check these sites out and see what you think.

Wayne, I joined chess.com as an absolute beginner a few months ago. (January 2023). I was at your stage, knew how the pieces moved from playing back in the 1960’s as a kid but needed some instruction. There is a lot of useful stuff for a beginner on chess.com and I particularly like the puzzles after you have done a few of the basic newbie “classes”. I just played online against a real person for the first time in over 60 years a couple of days ago. It was fun. I won, I think it was some 6th grader in France I played. ♟️ The computer matches you up. Gotta start somewhere !

The most intimidating thing for a beginner is the clock. One of the reasons I spent the last six month only playing the computer bots is because those games are not on the clock - gives me time to think. If you are looking for a really friendly game with another beginner and no clock PM me and we can play on chess.com.

i love chess, i took the skills from my dad and senior brother a long ago

the easiest way how to learn, it would be to meet someone in person and play with

Back