Kia Stinger Coolant

Does anyone know which coolant the Stinger uses? Specifically the 3.3TT model.
The manual says to use a glycol coolant which is as ambiguous as it can be LOL.

I know the colour isn't always a proper indication - However the liquid in the coolant reseviour looks green which I think is mostly likely HOAT type coolant?

Noticed very late models Hyundai/Kia are using Toyota style red coolant.

You are right that color is not a proper indication of performance or type. Every manufacturer is going to have different colors for different types and technologies. I would try checking with your local Kia dealership and seeing if they have a label of the coolant they use on site.

Just flipped through the manual and the only thing I saw was that is want a phosphated glycol coolant. With that info I would use the Asian green coolant.

I know the colour isn't always a proper indication - However the liquid in the coolant reseviour looks green which I think is mostly likely HOAT type coolant?

This is a fairly recent thread where it indicates that the Kia branded coolant is/was green. One would guess that is what you have:

What year is your Stinger? I can confirm my '21 has red/pink-colored coolant similar to Toyota style as you mentioned.

What year is your Stinger? I can confirm my '21 has red/pink-colored coolant similar to Toyota style as you mentioned.
It's 2019.
Local Kia parts advised the red/pink has superseded previous coolant. They no longer sell the other- so they must be interchangeable?
Green coolant does seem outdated in 2019.

I don't recall. I can probably check later on today when my son comes home.
He inherited the SXL when we bought the Stinger.

Most of the asian coolants are the same with different dyes.
This has been covered over and over.

Based on this thread with picture of Kia OEM coolant and description any of the Asian coolants mentioned will work.

Just match the color best you can...or don't...the dyes aren't going to interfere except possibly make a strange color.

From my experience and others I've read, Hyundai/Kia vehicles aren't picky on coolant. A run of the mill long life yellow universal type should work just fine. If you really want to use one specific to the vehicle though, many auto parts stores sell green Korean vehicle coolant.

the previous kia green long life was an analog of ancient toyota red and still used sodium benzoate. new kia pink coolant UM020-CH263 uses modern 2EHA organic salts to get the job done

Toyota SLLC should be a good color match and mixing should cause no issues whatsoever. Ford Antifreeze/Coolant POAT has a neutral shade and will also work.

Last edited:
the previous kia green long life was an analog of ancient toyota red and still used sodium benzoate. new kia pink coolant UM020-CH263 uses modern 2EHA organic salts to get the job done

Toyota SLLC should be a good color match and mixing should cause no issues whatsoever. Ford Antifreeze/Coolant POAT has a neutral shade and will also work.
Wow, crazy to know the fire breathing state of the art high tech TTV6 unit in the Kia Stinger is using the same cooling fluid as a 2000s Daewoo

Reactions: MM8
What about prestone.......all makes
I ask because I want to change out the coolant in our 2019 santa fe turbo.

TBH i use the dealer coolant in my Hyundais. You pay alot more then its worth, but piece of mind for me is well worth it. (and i've never had a coolant/engine/tstat/radiator issue... BUT I will go aftermarket fluids on everything else though.

TBH i use the dealer coolant in my Hyundais. You pay alot more then its worth, but piece of mind for me is well worth it. (and i've never had a coolant/engine/tstat/radiator issue... BUT I will go aftermarket fluids on everything else though.
Hyundai/Kia no longer supplies the green OEM coolant. It has been superseded by the "new" pink coolant. And they state that flushing is required before using the new pink coolant.

• Haha
Reactions: MM8
Hyundai/Kia no longer supplies the green OEM coolant. It has been superseded by the "new" pink coolant. And they state that flushing is required before using the new pink coolant.
Over a year since this post, I just bought some Kia Long Life green coolant from my local dealership today. As many Kia vehicles which use the green coolant, I'd thing in over a year the dealership would have run out of it, so I'm pretty sure it is still in production.

BTW, the jug has a different look than what I bought from the dealership 4 years ago.

Back