Kia OEM coolant color?

Does anyone know what the factory fill coolant color is on a 2015 Kia Sedona? I'm trying to figure out if the coolant still has factory fill or not, or if anyone has messed with the cooling system.

Color in there right now is dark green.

my 2017 Elantra factory fill is also dark green... And its their

Genuine Hyundai Fluid 00232-19010 Long Life Coolant - 1 Gallon

My Genesis Coupe was more of a dark blue. The Hyundai branded antifreeze from the dealership was a light green so I was confused.

My Genesis Coupe was more of a dark blue. The Hyundai branded antifreeze from the dealership was a light green so I was confused.

My 2014 Soul had a dark teal coolant from the factory. I think they have several coolant suppliers which would explain the various shades of green. Some dealers may also be using a third party bulk coolant that is different from the branded coolant they sell at the parts counter.

Hyundai and Kia seem to be the least picky when it comes to coolant. As far as I know, they still say just to use an ethylene glycol coolant - no mentions of a specific specification, color, etc. They also don't warn against using any particular formulations.

My 2015 Hyundai Sonata was green. Went to the dealer and bought Hyundai coolant for it, and it too was green.

Had 2 Hyundais i30...coolant in my2008 was green....coolant in my2011 was blue...

Green&Blue are both mixable...its glysantine G48 (G11) coolant.....just somehow dyed differently

So it seems like they switched the color from blue to green somewhere after ~2011, but the formulation should be the same? the manual calls for only a 2 year replacement interval which seems kind of short. Is there a replacement type that can be used to safely extend that interval?

Is there a replacement type that can be used to safely extend that interval?
I used Zerex Asian every 5 years in my previous Toyota, and it would come out looking new.
I don't see any reason the same stuff wouldn't last 5 years in my Hyundai.

So it seems like they switched the color from blue to green somewhere after ~2011, but the formulation should be the same? the manual calls for only a 2 year replacement interval which seems kind of short. Is there a replacement type that can be used to safely extend that interval?

What model year Hyundai/Kia is calling for a 2 year coolant replacement interval? Any modern coolant has a minimum intervals of 5 years, with many at 10 or more years. All the Japanese car companies switched to their modern P-OAT coolants about 15 years ago, so Kia/Hyundai couldn't have been far behind.

What model year Hyundai/Kia is calling for a 2 year coolant replacement interval? Any modern coolant has a minimum intervals of 5 years, with many at 10 or more years. All the Japanese car companies switched to their modern P-OAT coolants about 15 years ago, so Kia/Hyundai couldn't have been far behind.

Owners manual 2011 Genesis Coupe. "At first replace at 96,000 km or 60 months, after that replace every 40,000 km of 24 months"

Back