Kendall GT-1 Max

Bought a case to try in the Rubicon. Always liked Kendall, it is one of those old brands that Dad used to use and am happy to see it still around.

I like titanium add packs (Castrol Edge is another) and Kendall has it as well. SN+ version, though my 3.6L is MPI and does not really need it.

A few pics and the PDS:

[Linked Image from iili.io]

https://kendallmotoroil.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/GT-1-Max.pdf

The picture that you posted is of the older style GT-1 Max with Liquid Titanium.
The PDS you posted is of the newer GT-1 Max with Liquitek.
There are small differences. However, the newer GT-1 Max with Liquitek is GF-6.
I would imagine that the older version will be phased out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MParr
The picture that you posted is of the older style GT-1 Max with Liquid Titanium.
The PDS you posted is of the newer GT-1 Max with Liquitech.
There are small differences. However, the newer GT-1 Max with Liquitech is GF-6.
I would imagine that the older version will be phased out.

The picture I posted is the actual bottle from the case and I am betting it is only a bottle/label change and the oil is the same.

I wonder where is the Dexos spec at ??

I would have thought this oil would have had it.

I like Kendall oils too. Just hard to find in my area.

Yeah I know they do make Dexos approved oils...

Those oils are not too bad of a price from Petroleum services.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Where did you buy Kendall from? It's very hard to find at retail stores.

I bought it from here - http://www.kendallmotoroils.com/. It is powered by PSC (Petroleum Services Company), but they have free shipping and no tax (unless you are in PA).

I was on the phone with Kendall a couple days ago, actually. The Gt1 max with titanium is not d1g2 approved. There is also a GT1 max with liquitek that JUST came out that is gf-6 and IS d1g2 approved, which is replacing their "dexos" (obviously d1g2 approved) formula without liquitek. The ones with titanium are not d1g2 approved, but they don't have the "liquitek" additives either.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like that PSC company sells the new oil. The guy at Kendall told me the one with "liquitek" is the upgraded gf-6 "dexos formula" and that they're phasing our the latter.

Originally Posted by Dd3
Doesn't look like that PSC company sells the new oil. The guy at Kendall told me the one with "liquitek" is the upgraded gf-6 "dexos formula" and that they're phasing our the latter.

That may only be because it is so new; distributors tend to lag a little. It has only been 22 days since GF-6 was "live"; I have bought from PSC in the past and they have always had the latest when it was available. TBT, I am good with GF-5 until GF-6 has been out for a while. None of my vehicles specify it anyway.

Back