Kendall full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kendall full syn seems to be popping up everywhere in my local stores. All varieties. Most full syns in my area cost $6.99 and kendall GT1 is $4.99 for full syn. Not bad at all. Is this a real good quality oil that stores are shelving because of the lower prices?

Most likely a studly group III from Alaska. I posted a VOA of one of the CP bulk products (point premier 5W30) a few days ago and the VI was over 150 and the price point was killer! If Kendall follows suit with a beefier base oil and add pack I wouldn't shy away from it.

Yeah, at truck stop that sells Kendall oils, I saw synthetic 5W-20 there for the first time the other day, and it was the same price as the dino!!!

Probably a pricing error - it'll be changed the next time I'm there, I bet!

If you go to the ConocoPhillips website, lubricants section, you can see that they have 4 brands (Conoco, Phillips 66, Kendall, and 76). The specs are identical for all 4 brands for the same type and viscosity of oil. Some of the brands do have oil products that are not packaged in one of the other brands, but I think all 4 have the "regular" full synthetic.

Personally, I would go with Walmart SuperTech full synthetic before one of the ConocoPhillips brands. Also, you can get oil a lot cheaper in 5 quart containers for some brands. A 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Plat, is only $20 at Walmart, which is only $4 per quart. SuperTech is even less expensive.

The Kendall/ConocoPhillips oils are excellent. FAR superior to Supertech.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

thats what came to mind too,ST syn looks weak 2 me...

Rite now I am running a kendal gt-1 20w50 in my 427 side oiler, and it does have a small rear main leak. Would going to a syn. blend cause it to leak more ? The oil gets changed at least every 1000 miles. Is the blend even worth it ? The car does have roller rockers but does have solid lifters. Thanks

What do you have to back that up?

Originally Posted By: mikeg5
our local yota dealership uses Kendall Syn Blend for their oil changes. curious on how the the syn blend holds up

It would work fine for 5,000/6 month Toyota OCI's. The CP blends have about 10% group III in them.

Originally Posted By: Mark888

What do you have to back that up?

I'll show you mine when you show me yours.
wink.gif

I'll show you mine when you show me yours.

I didn't make any claims about which is better. Some people on this forum are nuts!

I didn't make any claims about which is better. Some people on this forum are nuts!

Personally, I would go with Walmart SuperTech full synthetic before one of the ConocoPhillips brands.

Ok?
21.gif

I saw just today some Kendall 15w40 HDEO SM,i wounder how good this stuff is loaded?? i'm seeing more of it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back