Kendall full synthetic

Kendall full syn seems to be popping up everywhere in my local stores. All varieties. Most full syns in my area cost $6.99 and kendall GT1 is $4.99 for full syn. Not bad at all. Is this a real good quality oil that stores are shelving because of the lower prices?

Most likely a studly group III from Alaska. I posted a VOA of one of the CP bulk products (point premier 5W30) a few days ago and the VI was over 150 and the price point was killer! If Kendall follows suit with a beefier base oil and add pack I wouldn't shy away from it.

Yeah, at truck stop that sells Kendall oils, I saw synthetic 5W-20 there for the first time the other day, and it was the same price as the dino!!! Probably a pricing error - it'll be changed the next time I'm there, I bet!

If you go to the ConocoPhillips website, lubricants section, you can see that they have 4 brands (Conoco, Phillips 66, Kendall, and 76). The specs are identical for all 4 brands for the same type and viscosity of oil. Some of the brands do have oil products that are not packaged in one of the other brands, but I think all 4 have the "regular" full synthetic. Personally, I would go with Walmart SuperTech full synthetic before one of the ConocoPhillips brands. Also, you can get oil a lot cheaper in 5 quart containers for some brands. A 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Plat, is only $20 at Walmart, which is only $4 per quart. SuperTech is even less expensive.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
The Kendall/ConocoPhillips oils are excellent. FAR superior to Supertech.
thats what came to mind too,ST syn looks weak 2 me...

cpg

Rite now I am running a kendal gt-1 20w50 in my 427 side oiler, and it does have a small rear main leak. Would going to a syn. blend cause it to leak more ? The oil gets changed at least every 1000 miles. Is the blend even worth it ? The car does have roller rockers but does have solid lifters. Thanks

What do you have to back that up?

Originally Posted By: mikeg5
our local yota dealership uses Kendall Syn Blend for their oil changes. curious on how the the syn blend holds up
It would work fine for 5,000/6 month Toyota OCI's. The CP blends have about 10% group III in them.

Originally Posted By: Mark888
What do you have to back that up?
I'll show you mine when you show me yours. ;\)

I'll show you mine when you show me yours.
I didn't make any claims about which is better. Some people on this forum are nuts!

I didn't make any claims about which is better. Some people on this forum are nuts!
Personally, I would go with Walmart SuperTech full synthetic before one of the ConocoPhillips brands.
Ok?