Kendall 5w-30 Semi Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a case to change out my M1 and just wanted to get some opinions on this oil. As far as I know, its the same as the Conco Phillips Motorcraft right? Is this a group II+ / III blend? Its going on an 04 GMC 4x4 that has recently seen some heavy plowing. The M1 has only 3K miles but a lot of idle time/ heavy pushing / high load and RPM etc.

I can tell you that the kendall does not smell anything like the motorcraft and the color is way lighter. Almost on the way to being clear.

I dont have any inside knowledge, but i've read the following:

Conoco semi-synthetic oil = Motorcraft
TropArtic = Very close but slightly different
Kendall = ??

The spec sheets for conoco and tropartic are slightly different in the pour points. It could be one is more updated than the other, i dunno.

On the Amsoil test they tested both TropArtic and Motorcraft and they appeared to perform different in some test. Could be difference between SL and SM, or could be different formulations altogether.

At any rate, both motorcraft and tropartic seem to perform well in the UOAs i've seen.

Well, you've already bought a case so use it. Your car vehicle won't mind at all. However, if your car blows up you made a bad choice.

Crash, my info isn't up to date, but as of about eighteen months ago, the four Lexus dealers in the Houston metro area were pumping Kendall from their bulk tanks, it having proved to be a good performing oil at a decent price. The one I spoke with, who sees about 500 vehicles a week, said he'd had no lube related problems.

These things change, however, due to some manufacturers having their own in-house lube programs, i.e., Ford and Motorcraft. Fortunately, Motorcraft is good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back