Keep me in your thoughts

To update this thread; I’m waiting for doctor to get approval to have me wear heart monitor to monitor my heart. And waiting to see when I go for a 2D echocardiogram.

Thank You all for thoughts and prayers. I’ll do some cut and posts today.
This is EXCELLENT. Stay on top of them, I know all practices and insurance is different. But if this is any help as to how simple it can be.
I didnt even see my doctor as he was on vacation. I called the office, they had an NP available I showed the results of my Apple Watch at my cardiologist office, and the NP I was seeing also did an EKG. She had me go to the testing department of the office and they hooked up the Holter Monitor right there and then. Left the building with everything hooked up to me and returned it 48 hours later so they could read it.

Im sure you may know the rest from there... based on my past posts. The Holter Monitor really got the ball rolling for me, results were not good. As of the Ablation on Nov 7th I have no more issues with heart rhythm, in fact my gym work out is in an hour where I run my heart rate up to 170 BPM and hit a record for myself at 182... though I am really supposed to keep it at 160 for a peak. I just felt so great.

Really, good luck to you, make sure to ask questions and be proactive. Doctors and staff mean well but they are just so overwhelmed, you need to stay on top of them, insist on answers. Make use of your health insurance, make sure you are treated no different than the President of the United States, after all you pay his salary too.
The Holter is a GREAT step forward. Good news is all these tests to me, including the angiogram were more easy and less painful than a Root Canal and the dentist. Actually there is no pain in any of these tests and procedures.

67337882479__DD4DB67E-DBF0-4F51-8BAD-4A6F7884A9E0.jpeg

Last edited:
Stude, if it makes you feel better. Because of the Holter you mentioned and my reply above that started all the testing including an echo which all led ultimately to the Cardiac Ablation on Nov 7th.
I no longer have to take any heart rhythm meds. I am free on any heart meds. Have full approval to continue my workouts, doctors say except for the electrical issue that was correct Nov 7th my heart is strong.They never told me to stop the gym and now without the meds I have felt more free because the drugs at times, makes you feel like you are trying to work out but have, like a car, the emergency brake on. I know constantly look at the heart rate monitor at the gym and on my Apple Watch and purposely try to slow down to my age appropriate BPM.

Anyway, no pains, no dizzy feeling, no sensations in the chest and what I am trying to say, I'll be interested in your results if they get that Holter Approved. If its PVCs drugs or Ablation will take care of it.
It's good that you are addressing this, actually really important. Having sensations in the chest has to be checked out just as serious as chest pain.
This was just this morning, 45 minutes I ran my heart above 144 BPM;
(Apple Watch at the gym below)
IMG_1143.jpeg

(Orange Theory Heart Monitor below)
IMG_1144.jpeg

(Again, Good luck, get all the tests that you can, push for them if you are not getting answers, proactive is the key)

Alarmguy: I didn’t/don’t have chest pain. Few weeks before Christmas I checked my blood psi one afternoon and it was 180100 so I went to doctor. Tweaked my one blood psi med. ate healthier and more working out but this past Wednesday blood psi still kinda high and he wants it lower. I don’t have any side effects or trouble sleeping etc. I’m positive and praying.

Alarmguy: I didn’t/don’t have chest pain. Few weeks before Christmas I checked my blood psi one afternoon and it was 180100 so I went to doctor. Tweaked my one blood psi med. ate healthier and more working out but this past Wednesday blood psi still kinda high and he wants it lower. I don’t have any side effects or trouble sleeping etc. I’m positive and praying.
Yeah, that is kind of high. But I'm assuming the doc wasn't overly concerned. They're crazy like that. LOL. I was at 160/100 and my doc just said, well, I guess we need to bump your dose up a little. I had an echocardiogram a few years ago. All was well. It's a pretty cool test if you haven't had one before. The attorney that my wife works for gets one every few months. He has an aortic valve stenosis and he wants the same surgery that Mick Jagger had but the doctors say that you have to be 70 or over to get it and he's only 68. If you're under 70 they do open heart surgery. He doesn't want that. I don't blame him. But he's very close to needing surgery.

It's good that you're keeping on top of this. They don't call it the silent killer for no reason. I'm on beginner BP meds hydrochlorothiazide and lisinopril. They have a lot of drugs to treat HBP.

Last edited:
Back