Just purchased a Lithium Powered Lawnmower

Perhaps not drawing judgement on others who prioritize other things than you might be wise...

For the record, yes I mow my own yard. I enjoy working on mowers(much more than the mowing itself) and even though I have a few self propelled ones on hand(including one that has me running to keep up with it on its highest speed) I have mostly used a push mower this year.

My wife and I also have a 3 month old, and we're both working 2 full time jobs.

I am close to hiring a lawn service. Time is my single most precious commodity now and with the way the grass is going now, those two hours I'd have back every 4-6 days. That's not to mention too that allergies often mean I feel like crap the day after I've mowed, although a mask+showering afterwards helps that a lot.

Happy for your new mower and hope you enjoy it...but again it might be nice to lay off the judgement.
Funny-As a senior citizen with an interesting life behind me I make observations at times, such as when we moved to our present home 34 years ago, most all folks mowed their own lawns and went to the nursery for shrubs. Dads, kids and sometimes the moms did the yard work. Now, out of 67 homes and about 10 do such and the rest are 'lawn services/landscaping' outfits. Eating out years ago was a special thing mostly. Dad's often 'suggested' that the son's head out and be pretty independent early. Just different times I guess. I'm happy enough with some of the available tech advances these days and wonder is we are doing the same socially.

Congrats! I’m sure you’ll get years of great service out of it.

We bought our first house last fall, and I was very excited to go through the “right of passage” of buying my first lawn equipment to take care of the yard.

Went with a Gravely ZTXL gas zero-turn, but got an Ego string trimmer and blower (same batteries and charger you have), and I really like them.

The fast charger is convenient. The trimmer doesnt use much power but the blower does. Nice having one batt on the charger while using one.

I also like using the blower to blow the excess water off the vehicles after washing, before towel-drying.

r
Ego 👍

I've got the grass trimmer and Ego's 2- stage snowblower myself.
wow. I think that was you who commented about the snowblower a while back.?
That was the time before I was even considering this brand. I know I made the right call for my size lot, but only time will prove that correctly I need the grass to grow.!

r

wow. I think that was you who commented about the snowblower a while back.?
That was the time before I was even considering this brand. I know I made the right call for my size lot, but only time will prove that correctly I need the grass to grow.!

Not sure,but I've had no regrets with any Ego equipment. Snow blower is now 3 years old. I'm actually thinking about replacing the Greenworks 40v TwinForce mower ( around 8 years old+ original batteries ) with a Ego push mower.

Not sure,but I've had no regrets with any Ego equipment. Snow blower is now 3 years old. I'm actually thinking about replacing the Greenworks 40v TwinForce mower ( around 8 years old+ original batteries ) with an Ego push mower.
Wow original batteries? Gosh if I could get a solid 4+ years I would be happy

Wow original batteries? Gosh if I could get a solid 4+ years I would be happy.

Yes, with the original charger. I always store the batteries indoors. They are very small compared to the Ego 56v batteries 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20230420_204621166.jpg
    IMG_20230420_204621166.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 7
I can understand not wanting to do maintenance on OPE if that's not your thing. I do have a battery powered pole saw that I like.

I kind of enjoy maintaining my stuff and even fixing equipment that's not working. So much that I am finishing up a Small engine repair class at the local community college.
Yeah, I get it for sure, gas is the standard for electric to meet or beat.
Being a new home TRYING to reduce clutter and maybe just a new experience on cutting the lawn which I enjoy. As far as clutter, it's going to be a weird feeling but you can fold the handle and stand it up vertically on two wheels to store. Actually made to do that, since there are no fluids.

I did make one error in a past post. I SAVE WAY MORE THAN $100 A MONTH doing my own lawn, neighbors pay $35 to $50 a week plus any treatments ect ect... its a good feeling but I consider it a must do yourself just for the exercise itself. I just dont get hiring someone.

Curious to hear your experience with this one. I'm not against an electric mower and I had one many years ago when I had a much smaller yard. The one I did own wouldn't handle the yard I have now but I know tech has changed a lot in the last 10 years.
I'll give an honest update in a month or so. Gosh after a VERY warm Feb the weather has been just warming up lately into the 80s.
Grass is now solid green but cool nights are still preventing it from growing fast! Im trying! *LOL*

Keep in mind, new home and new sod, it will take me the season to get it prefect like I would like. Im not a fan of centipede grass, but one advantage is it is slow growing. I much prefer and LOVE zoysia but think I will stay with what the builder put in here this time.
Because if I change it to Zoysia it will spread into my neighbors yards *LOL* and create a mesh marsh of grasses.
My whole life my lawns look like golf courses, last one was the talk of the community but to be honest if I had Zoysia here I would be concerned owning this mower. The Zoysia was so thick at the last house you cold not even mulch. Because all the clippings would just sit on the surface with no place to go. It also grew widely fast and needed to be cut sometimes 2 times a week.

Congrats! I’m sure you’ll get years of great service out of it.

We bought our first house last fall, and I was very excited to go through the “right of passage” of buying my first lawn equipment to take care of the yard.

Went with a Gravely ZTXL gas zero-turn, but got an Ego string trimmer and blower (same batteries and charger you have), and I really like them.

The fast charger is convenient. The trimmer doesnt use much power but the blower does. Nice having one batt on the charger while using one.

I also like using the blower to blow the excess water off the vehicles after washing, before towel-drying.
Hope everything is going well with your new home!
Im grabbing at straws here but I think you posted photos at the time?
Sort of a country road, car post on the right side driveway up a slight hill and large property and fields all around you.
If I am correct I am SURE you are enjoying the zero turn mower!
My son, now married and has his own home too, used to wash his car ALL THE TIME when he lived with us. I showed him the leaf dryer trick, to this day he still does it.

Hope everything is going well with your new home!
Im grabbing at straws here but I think you posted photos at the time?
Sort of a country road, car post on the right side driveway up a slight hill and large property and fields all around you.
If I am correct I am SURE you are enjoying the zero turn mower!
My son, now married and has his own home too, used to wash his car ALL THE TIME when he lived with us. I showed him the leaf dryer trick, to this day he still does it.
Yep, good memory!

Were really enjoying it.

Our 3rd child was born Feb. 15. Keeping us busy!

Yep, good memory!

Were really enjoying it.

Our 3rd child was born Feb. 15. Keeping us busy!
When’s number 4? 😉

Considering an electric mower for a hill in my front yard. Area is a too big for a weed eater and it looks awful when you cut it like that, and too steep for a gas mower as I’m 95% sure it’ll oil starve.

Where did you end up moving? Hope you don’t require more and 30-40 minutes of mowing.
Coastal area of NC
No longer than 30-40 Max. minutes of mowing, well aware of the limits of lithium. Perfect solution in the new home. Also made to be folded up and stored on the 2 rear wheels flat against the lawn. As promised to someone else I'll update as time goes on.

That's my concern too. After 5 years you have an expensive boat anchor. You get used to extension cords on corded models so that's not such a big deal. I've used mine on a 1/4 acre property that takes me 2-3 hours a cut 3-4 times a year.
How do you get your grass to grow so slow? I have to mow our 1/2 acre lot at least weekly, and twice a week during the prime growing season.

Back