Just how fast does Pennzoil ultra platinum clean?

Can PP clog an oil filter after 100 miles

• No, That's crazy

• Maybe, Oil filters are cheap, change the filter, cut it open and post pics

• Yes, behold the power of PP

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bought a beater truck and changed the oil. Found a few little sludge deposits in the oil filter here:
This was only a week ago.
I have been trying to drive it at least a little bit every day since then as it's not really a daily driver as it gets 18mpg.
Oil pressure was sitting just above 40psi hot at idle after I changed it and for several days after that. A hundred miles later it's closer to 30psi hot a idle.
Could a neglected engine switched to PP clog up a wix 51085 in a week and about 100 miles?
IMO I didn't think it would be possible. Maybe 500 or a thousand miles not 100.
Anyways I got a wix 51515xp to stick on there for the next oil change, it's as fat as a wix 51085 but longer. So I have an oil for it now.

Most oils do not clean. If they offered any significant amount of cleaning, it would result in significant liability from clogged oil filters (resulting in engine damage) since the average motoring public tends to not pay very close attention to their vehicles.

The dashboard gauge is probably inaccurate, but if you know/suspect sludge deposits go ahead and do what you want and inspect/share, sounds reasonable.

I dropped the pan once on a 97 ram with the 5.2 to redo the rear main seal and had to remove a bearing cap because its a split seal and hidden partially. After doing that my pressures went from 40 to 20. It still drove fine but I blew the tranny not long after "having a good time" and sold it off.

Bought a beater truck and changed the oil. Found a few little sludge deposits in the oil filter here:
This was only a week ago.
I have been trying to drive it at least a little bit every day since then as it's not really a daily driver as it gets 18mpg.
Oil pressure was sitting just above 40psi hot at idle after I changed it and for several days after that. A hundred miles later it's closer to 30psi hot a idle.
Could a neglected engine switched to PP clog up a wix 51085 in a week and about 100 miles?
IMO I didn't think it would be possible. Maybe 500 or a thousand miles not 100.
Anyways I got a wix 51515xp to stick on there for the next oil change, it's as fat as a wix 51085 but longer. So I have an oil for it now.
That oil must be changed regularly

As soon as you pour it in the fill hole and it’s draining down it’s cleaning, it’s that good
(jokes ahead)
When I pour the Ultra Platinum in my plastic funnel that's directed into my oil fill hole, my grayish dirt-looking funnel turns clean-white again. ;)

I'll bet that if the Ultra jug accidentally leaked on the Walmart shelf, that would sparkle when wiped down too.😬
I would not doubt the next new Windex bottle-label will read: Windex with Ultra Platinum.:ROFLMAO:

Don’t recommend using a funnel for the aforementioned dissolving issue. Probably shouldn’t look directly at it either just to be safe.

Probably shouldn’t taunt it either.

CE8AF36A-343A-4FA3-A994-085BC2795AD5.jpeg

The bottles have to specially made otherwise it would dissolve them.
This is actually a true statement for the stuff that HPL makes for my company- we can get it in quart bottles or 5 gallon pails, but not gallons. The product reacts with the plastic used for the 1G jugs and basically deforms it bad enough the product labels will self-eject from the containers… 🤣

Back