Just had FedEx deliver a package on Sunday morning....???

FedEx just delivered a 2 day air package that wasn't due until Tuesday... this morning... on a Sunday morning.

That's a first for me. I heard a truck and looked out the window, and there was a white Penske rental truck in my driveway. A FedEx driver gets out of it and puts a box on my front porch.

Are we in the "deliver everything as quickly as possible" Christmas rush already? My experience with FedEx is that if it shows up early at the terminal, FedEx will hold it. But to deliver it early AND on a Sunday morning?

our FedEx guy told me that they have been running more packages the last few months due to covid than they usually do during the holidays.

Walmart.com just recently reported a 97% increase in their online orders alone in the 2nd quarter. when a company that big starts shipping with the free 2 day shipping option I bet it can absolutely slam FedEx. Then add in Amazon and their huge surge of sales and all those other huge retailers and I bet its insane.

Friend of mine that did the FedEx thing years ago owned his own truck and set his own hours and schedule. I wonder how many of them do it that way?

They've been working on Saturday and Sunday delivery well before Covid to keep up with Amazon and USPS. It's not even "peak" season and it has been absolutely swamped. Glad I'm not on the package and delivery handling side...

I have recently had USPS deliver Amazon packages on Sunday.
They've been doing that since 2013. They make the new workers do that as they don't get paid as much and when they get hired, they are told they're going to be working on Sunday.

A couple years ago my wife ordered 2 pairs of shoe laces online, because she couldn't find them locally. We'll, I was on the computer when a USPS truck pulled up to deliver 2 pairs of shoelaces, at 11 am on a Sunday morning. I remember when anything you ordered took 4-6 weeks to get to your house. Now their trying to do same day delivery for somethings.,,,

Yep just got my RockAuto package this morning it was scheduled tomorrow but I’m not complaining. It was FedEx Ground all the way ordered it on the 28th came from Texas so not bad.

Was this Fedex or Fedex Ground ? I presume Fedex now as I re-read your post and you say "air". That's pretty surprising if it's air. Ground I can believe.

Thinking if they have a priority package in the same area they may just go ahead and clear out the shipments for the whole route regardless of priority - why send a truck out with one priority package for 1 house when you can go ahead and clear the delivery queue for the whole route.

Back