Just courious

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah i see ready for WW III
smile.gif

Pablo i only carry the the 16oz bottle for my fill up along with a funnal. Today i took out the atf so now i only carry oil and FP60. My truck doesnt consume any fluid but i like to be perpaired.

quote:

I carried a quart of oil for 20 years and used some maybe once.

Wow, what is it, API SG?
grin.gif

Righ now I have six quarts used oil in my pickup bed. I usually store it there until I remember to take it to dump at Murrays Auto.

quote:

In winter I also carry chains, a snow brush, an ice scraper, a collapsible snow shovel and a can of de-icer.

It snows in San Jose???!!!

Austin is strangely warm this winter. We have been having 75-80 days everyday. Something aint right.

In winter I carry four 50 pound sand bags behind the rear axle of my pickup. I also have a spade in the bed to dig out the snow in front of the tire and a old beat up snow shovel for bigger jobs. A couple shovels of the sand under the wheel that is spinning usually will walk it right out. Though mostly I don't get stuck in the first place.

Maybe take a QT. of oil if I was going on a couple of thousand mile trip for a topp-off but other than that it is a waste and pain if you leave it in the trunk and the container chafes thru! A jug of washer fluid in the northeast is always handy though.

Johnny Z, I use my truck to get to the Sierra mountains every other weekend to ski. I love driving up when a big storm is pounding the area--fresh pow and first tracks are a great thrill. I admit that it looks a little funny to be running around on Blizzak tires in San Jose. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back