Just complaining about the quality of rebuilt calipers

"Quality" and "rebuilt" don't belong in the same sentence
I can refute that. BMW DSC/hydro pumps fail with a known defect. In 2016 (not sure price today) you could buy new OE for $3,800. It has the same design flaw as the one that has been removed.

The alternative was to pay $249, have it rebuilt by Module Master with a quality job, correct the design flaw, and have a longer lasting part. It’s been 8 years now. Back then they had like a gazillion pages of testimonials. Thanks to them and YouTube I was able to avoid a $4,200 dealer job and was out about $450 after the rebuild, software, brake fluid, and line wrenches

Well i bought another Napa caliper to replace the one with the bad threads. I opened the caliper box and this caliper has a lot of pitting that has been powder coated over. Overall i am not satisfied with any of the remanufactured calipers. So back to Napa it goes. I ended up purchasing two nice Arizona junkyard calipers. They are completely rust free and in excellent condition. I took them apart and the pistons are perfect. I bought some seal rebuild kits and will be putting these on and forgetting the “rebuilt” calipers.

Rebuilding yourself is the way to go

Rebuilding yourself is the way to go
Wife’s bff’s husband who is a Lexus tech said that about starters and alternators that even at the dealer what they install is not as good as diy yourself on what came from the factory

That’s why I wonder say you get the Brembos on a Tahoe $3800 dealer installed option. What becomes of the 4 piston calipers that came with the car from the factory. Don’t tell me dealer or tech keeps them

I've wondered about how they make money when so many are defective and returned.
The part gets returned and “rebuilt” again to be sold. Likely built somewhat into business model to a certain degree. Eg part really costs say 1/2 marked up to double to cover returns.

Back