Just Changed to Super Tech Advanced, Now Have Noisy Startup

I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler, 3.6L Pentastar V6, 107K. I just changed my oil to the Super Tech Advanced 5w-20. I am noticing loud valve noise on startup now. I Usually use Pennzoil Platinum or Havoline Lifelong Synthetic and a Jeep OEM filter.

The filter is a cartridge style on top of the engine so unfortunately there is no anti-drain back valve as far as I know. Rarely I would have a noisy startup in the past, but now, if the Jeep is sitting for a few hours or overnight, it will have a lot of valve noise which stops after a second or two once fresh oil reaches the top of the engine. I ran into a store at lunch and after sitting 30 minutes, I did not hear any valve noise at startup. I only have about 400 miles on the new oil. Any ideas? Thanks

@jceo......had same experience with the 4.7 in my Durango. I now run the Castrol synthetic blend. Seems to make a big difference. I also use the Liqui Moly hydraulic lifter supplement at every change. I still have some noise on start up, but not near what it was when I using the SuperTech.

I think the blend oil formulations seem to work better in some older engines vs. straight synthetics....at least that has been my experience with my Durango.

@jceo......had same experience with the 4.7 in my Durango. I now run the Castrol synthetic blend. Seems to make a big difference. I also use the Liqui Moly hydraulic lifter supplement at every change. I still have some noise on start up, but not near what it was when I using the SuperTech.

I think the blend oil formulations seem to work better in some older engines vs. straight synthetics....at least that has been my experience with my Durango.
I have used the LM Hydraulic Lifter Additive just to keep galleries clean right before an oil change. Sometimes I would siphon out a couple qts to get me through for a week or two. I got started on using it as I ordered MOS2 and Amazon delivered the wrong product so I called Stefan and said lots of high mileage cars use it and it would cause no harm to my car and used about half a bottle to top off. Supposedly cleans the timing chain ⛓️ and tensioner well.

My friend's Pentastar sounds like a bucket of marbles for a few seconds after being re-started on a hot engine that's been sitting for awhile. After the oil gets good and circulated it's smooth and silent. PP 0W20 and Mopar oem oil filter.