Just came home: 2024 Pathfinder Platinum

I probably shouldn’t be surprised, but the tiny oil filter is the same as our 2012 Altima 2.5.

Now to decide on OEM for warranty purposes.

I probably shouldn’t be surprised, but the tiny oil filter is the same as our 2012 Altima 2.5.

Now to decide on OEM for warranty purposes.
Run the Honda sized filter on it assuming there is clearance...they are just a tad longer so you get more media. I did this on my Maxima without issue. It is kind of crazy how small those Nissan filters are for a sump capacity over 5 quarts.

And Apple CarPlay still sucks from what I am reading.

Was able to connect via Bluetooth but CarPlay disconnects every time you use it.

I’m thinking first oil change at 1k miles.

I haven’t read anything about any special additives for initial fill.

Do you have kids regularly climbing in the back? Curious if that gets old or not and how’s it with wear and tear.

Do you have kids regularly climbing in the back? Curious if that gets old or not and how’s it with wear and tear.
Hopefully the R53 platform's seat hardware is as robust as the R52's is. The center split bench and 3rd row split bench took an absolute beating in our 2019 constantly being flipped, folded and moved. Pens and pencils and all kinds of debris being dropped into the seat tracks. Kept right on working.

Doing it yourself or a shop?

If DIY, I'd probably do it around 2-3K.
they gave me one free oil change....will see.

Sticking with Mobil 1 0W-20 until she's out of warranty.
Debating filter (and warranty fight if needed)

then again, I found a site that has the "Nissan" (aka Mobile 1) oil for $5/qt

Although I have filters in stock for the Altima, and this takes the same, I will probably stick with OEM for record keeping purposes.

z1motorsports

Last one for now.

This takes a spin on oil filter, correct?

I keep seeing this part number which is just a screen.

Oil filter 15200-AR000

Last one for now.

This takes a spin on oil filter, correct?

I keep seeing this part number which is just a screen.

Oil filter 15200-AR000
That's the one. OEM isn't necessary. There's nothing special about Nissan OEM filters. I've cut them open after use.

The only difference in gaining access to the oil filter on the 2021+ vs my 2019 is there are more lovely panels that need to be removed on the 2021+ Other than that the subframe, suspension and location of everything looks identical from 2013 until today.

That's the one. OEM isn't necessary. There's nothing special about Nissan OEM filters. I've cut them open after use.

The only difference in gaining access to the oil filter on the 2021+ vs my 2019 is there are more lovely panels that need to be removed on the 2021+ Other than that the subframe, suspension and location of everything looks identical from 2013 until today.

The number I posted shows a metal screen, not spin on.

Other than this design flaw, we are living it.

Will probably get her hit with Wool Wax or Corrosion Free and after touch free wash today, Teflon spray wax the door jambs for now.

IMG_2290.jpeg

IMG_2291.jpeg

The door jambs would catch some road grime on our 2019 as well, but not a hint of rust under the doors or on any of the body on ours. I did treat it with FF and WW somewhat regularly though. You never see a rusty 2013-2020, so hopefully those attributes carry through to the R53 chassis. The only rust problem on R52's is/was in regards to the rear subframe. Lots of rotted out rear subframes. I would oil spray that area.

How the Pathfinder has grown over the 1st generation.
Used to be very legit "Jeep-y or 4runner-y" on a full ladder frame. Now it is a modified Altima unitbody D platform mall cruiser.
The prev. gen had poor torsional stiffness I noticed as a passenger riding to lunch in the back of my bosses 2012 pathfinder once, lol. Hopefully Renault-Nissan addressed that. I was spoiled by my old Nissan Qashqai that felt carved-from-ingot stiff. Easy to attain on my model, I suppose, it being much smaller.

Good the CVT is gone from the drivetrain. I like CVT I wish they could be more reliable and the programming better and traditional to the benefit of the original design intent.

Good luck to the OP, It's a looker for sure and I like the Maserati-esque interior colours.

Does anyone know of an online Nissan dealer that offers the extended warranty at discount?

Like for Ford, Flood ford and Ziegler are like $100 over cost.

Anyone? I can’t find one.

Flood does Mopar and Ford.

Not seeing a Nissan one.

I believe they are marking up 40-50%.

Back