I just dropped my trusty, old two D-cell Maglite from about 4 feet onto the concrete garage floor. It hit the bumper cover of the car, bounced off and onto the floor. The retrofit Maglite LED bulb is now in two pieces and the on/off button is sticky. I put in a spare Maglite krypton bulb and it lights bit it's a very dim amber. The batteries might be marginal (I don't have any fresh D-cells). Power enough to light the LED but not enough to burn a regular filament bulb? I think the switch assembly might be fubar as well. This one is easily 20 years old. It's been through the war in what is my garage. It's been dropped before but it never had broke. If I have some time tomorrow I'll remove the switch assembly and get some new batteries. Hopefully I can save this old flashlight. I've had rotten luck with more recent production Maglite products like their XL series so I'm not really keen on rushing out to get another Maglite to replace this one.