Just bought my new 2013 fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: glock19
Originally Posted By: TDOHGL01
you can view all the pics of my Honda Fit My Brand New Car

Good looking car and nice Nokians!
Thank You and so far it has been pretty fun with the car and the Nokians were expensive but will be worth the money.

Nice, my wife and I got a Fit back in '09. So far so good. I will say the biggest disappointment was the fuel economy because our Fit over-estimated with the computer by a good 4-8mpg compared to my pen-paper method. I first noticed it when I got 46mpg on a trip, used 10.1g and had a know distance of 395 miles. From then I followed it. I could never match the computer display and averaged 33-36MPG despite the computer staying near 40. On the interstate I can get 40mpg, but around town or in traffic it would easily drop below 30. I complained to the dealership and the "fixed it"(free) but it still reads in the upper 30s so close but not always perfect.

Oh, and for the Sport model, tires are EXPENSIVE. Easily $700 and only Dunlop (meh) and Bridgestone (awful) make the size. My MR2 with different sized, high performance summer tires cost $500.

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Oh, and for the Sport model, tires are EXPENSIVE. Easily $700 and only Dunlop (meh) and Bridgestone (awful) make the size. My MR2 with different sized, high performance summer tires cost $500.
yeah I know what you mean because my last car had 16inch rims and could only take 205/55/16 and they were expensive but the ones I bought for this car were the Nokian hakkapaletta 7's and there were rated pretty good. Still expensive over 530 something bucks for them.

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc

+0 sizing to 205/50-16 solves that problem nicely. I paid $600 for Continental EC DWS's for our Fit. A 1-2 mpg hit gave us better ride, and improved handling. Plus we saved a bundle over the awful Bridgestones. The reduced cost for a much better tire canceled out the mpg hit for us.

Just bought a K&N Intake and also bought some new Sport Tuning rims from Tire Rack that are same size as OEM Wheels 15inch because i wanted the same size. They also weigh the same too about 16lbs, I believe so I won't lose MPG.

Just bought a K&N Intake and also bought some new Sport Tuning rims from Tire Rack that are same size as OEM Wheels 15inch because i wanted the same size. They also weigh the same too about 16lbs, I believe so I won't lose MPG.

I wouldn't be bragging on BITOG about K&N filters, they filter very poorly.

My mom bought a 2013 Fit Sport a few months ago with only 7,000 miles on the clock. I took it on a road trip right after she got it and I averaged around 37mpg, with most of that being highways that were hilly enough to be constantly shifting gears to keep up with the speed. I was amazed how much cargo we could fit in the back with the seats folded down. I see no need for an SUV when you can fit that much stuff in something that is much easier to handle and gets better gas mileage. She absolutely loves it, which is the most important part.

I'm considering possibly getting a new Fit next year or so. We'll see.
About the K&N filter? Beware. I had one out of the box that was over oiled. It messed up a sensor and caused a rough idle. vehicle needed to have the sensor cleaned.....and I got rid of that K&N piece of junk. Old tech anyway (oiled filters? Really?)

Just got my new rims installed on my car and they look awesome! They look way better then I thought they would, that's for sure. Hopefully I can post some pictures soon!

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
My mom bought a 2013 Fit Sport a few months ago with only 7,000 miles on the clock. I took it on a road trip right after she got it and I averaged around 37mpg, with most of that being highways that were hilly enough to be constantly shifting gears to keep up with the speed. I was amazed how much cargo we could fit in the back with the seats folded down. I see no need for an SUV when you can fit that much stuff in something that is much easier to handle and gets better gas mileage. She absolutely loves it, which is the most important part.
I get mostly any ware from 38 to 41, 42MPG with my fit even though my area is full of hills and mountains. Way better then the estimates listed.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I get mostly any ware from 38 to 41, 42MPG with my fit even though my area is full of hills and mountains. Way better then the estimates listed.

I was at closer to 40, until I did some in-town driving that brought it down to 37.9, IIRC. While on the highway I was going probably 75 or so, with the A/C on for most of the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back