Another potential 1st rig for my son

I wondered whether the Ranger had the old Pinto (Lima?) 2.3 (SOHC?) or the Duratec/Mazda DOHC engine.

In my experience, the 2.3 Duratec is a very good engine.
Up through 2001, it was the Lima 2.3 (2.5 in 1999-2001). Good durable engine, but I would rather have the Duratec.

My 2.3 needed a new head at about 275,000 miles. Valve recession was causing occasional misfires. It was easy to pick a head from the junkyard - it's at 303k right now.

I like minivans for young drivers. Good safety ratings and decidedly "not cool" to discourage spirited driving.

We do have a gold 2008 Toyota Sienna down at the lot. I’ve named it “the gold whale”. 🤔😏
I’d probably get laughed out of my driveway if I brought it home. 😂

We do have a gold 2008 Toyota Sienna down at the lot. I’ve named it “the gold whale”. 🤔😏
I’d probably get laughed out of my driveway if I brought it home. 😂
Tell him it's because of the all the driving around of younger siblings he's going to be doing and all the errands he's going to be running for Mom and Dad.

"I discussed it with your mother and we felt this was for the best"

Haven't heard that term used in decades. Not since I was a kid reading articles in Popular Science and Mechanix Illustrated back in the 70's by the likes of Tom Mchall and others. Man that dates you. :ROFLMAO:

Well, I was a kid in the 70’s, so I reckon you and I are of the same vintage. My buddy down at the car lot calls everything a “rig”,…maybe it’s sticking in my head. 🤔

Back