Junk Ford F150...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the HPFP failure. GM, Ford, VW, and BMW actually all have the same problem (short version: US diesel fuel actually DOES NOT MEET THE SPECS the Bosch CP4 pump requires). Whiule the others are stepping up and fixing them, Ford is reaming their customers for $10,000+ a whack. The dealer was stuck: Ford simply will not pay for the fix.

Diesel power has pretty much jumped the shark, sadly.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
The only thing that really scares me with my truck is if the heater core goes out. That is one job on this truck I really do not care to tackle at all, nor do I really want someone else disassembling my entire dashboard. Most everything else is pretty straightforward and accessible.

Where did they move the heater core on the 02 Ranger? In my 1991 Explorer, it was directly behind the glove box. Four to six screws would remove the glove box and there was the heater core. It was the easiest job I ever did (and most jobs on that truck were easy!).

EDIT: I just watched this YouTube video...that is awful!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2002 Maxima SE
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
The only thing that really scares me with my truck is if the heater core goes out. That is one job on this truck I really do not care to tackle at all, nor do I really want someone else disassembling my entire dashboard. Most everything else is pretty straightforward and accessible.

Where did they move the heater core on the 02 Ranger? In my 1991 Explorer, it was directly behind the glove box. Four to six screws would remove the glove box and there was the heater core. It was the easiest job I ever did (and most jobs on that truck were easy!).

EDIT: I just watched this YouTube video...that is awful!

Yep, when they changed the dash in 1995, the job went from 20 minutes to 8 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back