Jeepers Creepers! (Jeep Patriot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JTK
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Throwing a question into the fray...would it be wise to choose a base model?

(Less things to break...)

To me, the only advantage to going with a base model is it will cost you thousands less than one with options. This isn't going to help you with resale, but then again, you paid less for it in the first place.

True, as it would likely be a car that I would send to the junkyard when I was done. Plus, one can be payment free sooner...

I am a fan of base models as they do save thousands in cost. The majority of the options that I don't much pay attention to and could easily live without.

I do like to point out to my wife when we get into my car on a cold winter morning that she'll have to do without the heated seats (like she has in her car) claiming that they are broken. Of course my car doesn't have heated seats (or heated steering wheel for that matter). I don't consider it a chore to have to turn my head before backing up, and looking in the mirror before changing lanes.

A/C, cruise control and AM/FM radio which are in just about every base model suit me just fine.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
I am a fan of base models as they do save thousands in cost. The majority of the options that I don't much pay attention to and could easily live without.

I do like to point out to my wife when we get into my car on a cold winter morning that she'll have to do without the heated seats (like she has in her car) claiming that they are broken. Of course my car doesn't have heated seats (or heated steering wheel for that matter). I don't consider it a chore to have to turn my head before backing up, and looking in the mirror before changing lanes.

A/C, cruise control and AM/FM radio which are in just about every base model suit me just fine.

True. This coming from a guy who has 3 cars without power windows! All I really need is AC (wife will be mad without that),and a radio for some tunes. Everything else can be added anyways....

True. This coming from a guy who has 3 cars without power windows! All I really need is AC (wife will be mad without that),and a radio for some tunes. Everything else can be added anyways....

I wouldn't miss a radio one bit with half the stuff they play being ads. But a car without power windows is like one without an electric starter, primitive. You gonna slide over to roll down the passenger window or get out of the seat to reach the rear ones when you want a nice breeze? A/C is nice but lack thereof wouldn't be a deal breaker on a sports car like Porsche or Viper. I'd always have something else with air to drive on hot days.

Yeah, power windows and locks are becoming something I "need" in a vehicle. Windows maybe less so, as I don't roll them down often; but the ability to lock/unlock all at once is great.

Remote keyless entry is really nice but I can manage without. My Tundra has it, my Camry doesn't, and it really isn't a big deal. What I do miss in my Camry is heated mirrors--somehow that got left off the base model.

Bluetooth for the phone and to play tunes would be really nice, that isn't far from being a "need" for me. I usually drive with the radio off but on longer drives it is nice to listen to music--without ads!--and it can be nice to have a chat, hands-free. [Directions, last minute grocery needs, or even the random call to mom when on a boring stretch of highway with nothing else to do.]

Originally Posted By: atikovi

I wouldn't miss a radio one bit with half the stuff they play being ads. But a car without power windows is like one without an electric starter, primitive. You gonna slide over to roll down the passenger window or get out of the seat to reach the rear ones when you want a nice breeze? A/C is nice but lack thereof wouldn't be a deal breaker on a sports car like Porsche or Viper. I'd always have something else with air to drive on hot days.

LOL...I do that now....not one of my cars has power windows....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back