Jeep Tire Rotation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

harbor

Site Donor 2024
Has anyone rotated the tires on a Jeep Grand Cherokee?

I plan to jack up one side of the vehicle under the frame rail until both tires are slightly off the ground and then rotate the tires front-to- back.

Anyone see any problems with this? Will the frame hold the weight?

Being a unibody, make sure you only jack it at any approved points on the framerail. Lifting anywhere else is asking for trouble...

If the Grand is anything like my regular Cherokee, there are two points, located behind the front wheels and in front of the rears approved for lifting points.

I put my XJ up on stands when I rotate tires - its a good time to inspect the brakes.

Correct me if I'm, but shouldn't you cross the tires to the rear, and bring the rear tires strsight forward? That way, each tire will eventually be at every position on the vehicle.

quote:

Originally posted by 1999XLT:
Correct me if I'm, but shouldn't you cross the tires to the rear, and bring the rear tires strsight forward? That way, each tire will eventually be at every position on the vehicle.

Yes. I did it the opposite way but the result is the same...front to rear same side, rear to front opposite sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back