Jeep Corrosion Warranty Boondoggle

Will have to check on the gaskets on this 2023 that just landed from the factory.

Resized_20230228_104730001.jpeg
Resized_20230228_104755001.jpeg

The owner did take the criticism in stride and said that if I could do a better job on the swirl marks then he wants me to send Him a bill!!
I've been doing paint correction for a long time. It will probably take me an hour or two to fix this. (Famous last words)

You should set up your camera to take video of you performing the work on the car, and then send him both the video and a bill for whatever rate his shop charges per hour.

Looks to be a thin gasket on the 2023 hinges, difficult to get a shot of it. If it's mylar tape, it basically looks like packing tape.

That's good. I hope at some point they recall and place them on the prior JLs. When you looked at the 23 did it look like they didn't fully paint the tight spots around the hinge area on the door? On my GFs MOAB you could see thin paint/primer in the tights spots.
You should set up your camera to take video of you performing the work on the car, and then send him both the video and a bill for whatever rate his shop charges per hour.
Ha, it would be funny to send a bill for a 1/4 hour. But, I will likely not follow up because if there is an issue with this paint down the road, I don't want to be their scapegoat. I was thinking, I bet these panels are now beyond acceptable Mil thickness. Since there is likely factory paint, repaint #1 (their spot repairs) repaint #2 (their wrong color) and now repaint #3. That's alot of paint. One day someone will be restoring this jeep and wondering WTH happened to it.

Back