Jeep 3.6 Pentastar

Got 126k miles on a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overand 3.6. I use Mobil 1 5w/30 ran to about 25% on the OLM. Usually means 7k mile range. The motor has plenty of power and actually is smoother than my Cadillac 3.6....and the Jeep is NON DI which is a bonus to me.

I guess I was unaware of the mechanical difference.

My brothers 2016 allows it.
Yep, the entire upper part of the engine was reworked to reduce friction and efficiency. It wound up with about 14% more torque across the powerband. The variable valve timing was changed to a 2 stage setup. Not sure if anything was changed in the bottom end of the engine.

My Wife has a 2020 GC with 3.6 pretty smooth free revving engine matched nicely with the A8. Was speaking to a friend couple of days ago with a Journey 3.6 with 200k miles, not exactly an oil change guy. Putting it out to pasture because trans failed and need quite a bit of suspension work, but engines still fine.

Got 126k miles on a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overand 3.6. I use Mobil 1 5w/30 ran to about 25% on the OLM. Usually means 7k mile range. The motor has plenty of power and actually is smoother than my Cadillac 3.6....and the Jeep is NON DI which is a bonus to me.
I agree....I like the non-DI engines. I use the Kirkland 5W-30 or SuperTech 5W-30 in mine.

Good to know. I have a '14, 3.6 Overland, too. I'm only at about 67K, but faultless so far.

Good to know. I have a '14, 3.6 Overland, too. I'm only at about 67K, but faultless so far.
In case you don't know - Jeep is covering all the leather dash repairs from model years 2011-2014. Our leather dash wrinkled - they fixed it for free. It took several months to get the new dash, yes the put a NEW dash in, probably due to covid etc. The just did the repair last month. That impressed me because GM has an issue with leather dashes and won't repair any out of warranty.

In case you don't know - Jeep is covering all the leather dash repairs from model years 2011-2014. Our leather dash wrinkled - they fixed it for free. It took several months to get the new dash, yes the put a NEW dash in, probably due to covid etc. The just did the repair last month. That impressed me because GM has an issue with leather dashes and won't repair any out of warranty.
Thanks. Another good thing to know. I bought a Maxcare lifetime warranty, but I’ll bet that isn’t covered on it. So far, no problems with the dash.

Back