It's alive, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 9 year old Troy-Bilt power washer that hadn't been used for 6 years was only putting out a light water spray. I checked to make sure there were no blockages in the lines, there were none. The B&S engine and frame are great. It had a FAIP MTPV90736 pump, no longer made. I bought a new AR pump for $111, delivered, now my unit works like new
grin.gif
. Cheaper than buying a new power washer for ~$300.

Whimsey

Last edited:
I was in this same boat last year, I ordered a new B&S pump for my powerwasher that was actually better quality than the one that came on it.. Fyi its a good idea to use some pump saver now and again, I always condition my pump every fall before storage.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
I was in this same boat last year, I ordered a new B&S pump for my powerwasher that was actually better quality than the one that came on it.. Fyi its a good idea to use some pump saver now and again, I always condition my pump every fall before storage.

Most definitely will use pump saver from now on. Any recommended OCI for the pump oil? I know they don't take much. A sticker on the pump said Weight 90. I purchased some Briggs pump oil years ago and never used it. It just says for all power washer pumps and it's full synthetic.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: JTK
Nice! Did that new pump bolt right up with no fuss?

Just had to get longer bolts, no big deal. Other than that it fit like a charm
smile.gif
. One of the mounting arms of the AR pump even has a large cut out in it so I can drain the oil easily from underneath. It feels good to extend the life of older OPE and save money at the same time
grin.gif

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back