is your dog a lap dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look down, and oh yeah, the dog is on my lap again. It's almost automatic. My legs crossed to form a "cup", left arm resting on leg to form a "pillow" for the dog's head. He's such a spoiled lump, a chihuahua that can't stand to see an empty lap.

I'd always been a fan of larger dogs, but smaller dogs have their charms, they're a lot easier on food too. A big dog can roar through a forty pound bag of food. The thirty pound bag carries a small dog a lot longer.

One of our dogs is a black lab that weighs about 85-90 pounds and he knows he's a lap dog. He sleeps in the bed with us and is my wife's shadow. The other dogs ignore him. He's a rescue dog and must have had a difficult puppyhood. He is deathly afraid of water in the form of the sprinkler or water from a hose or water in a bucket. We don't force him but over the years he's never gotten over his fear of water. He is absolutely terrified. His name is "Buddy" and he is a good buddy.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
One of our dogs is a black lab that weighs about 85-90 pounds and he knows he's a lap dog. He sleeps in the bed with us and is my wife's shadow. The other dogs ignore him. He's a rescue dog and must have had a difficult puppyhood. He is deathly afraid of water in the form of the sprinkler or water from a hose or water in a bucket. We don't force him but over the years he's never gotten over his fear of water. He is absolutely terrified. His name is "Buddy" and he is a good buddy.
You take good care of Buddy OneEye. He's a lucky guy to have you.

Thanks for the comment HosteenJorje. I think we're just as lucky to have found him.

I've always been leery of people that don't like dogs or people that my dogs don't like.

My night isn't complete until I have my 50 pound pittie and 16 pound fluff of a cat curled up on my legs while I'm reclining on the couch. They lie right next to each other.

We have two standard poodles....female weighs 54 pounds and is a year and a half old....a male who weighs 56 pounds and is 8 months old. They both think they are lap dogs and you can't have one without the other.

I have a lap cat
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Bebop367
My son has 175 lb. English Mastiff that thinks he's a lap dog.

That's like my Newfoundland. He's quite put-off by the fact we don't let him on the couch or in the bed.

Our first dog weighed about 34 pounds max, so she could fit without my legs going numb. Second dog was 56 pounds max and she never wanted to be that close. Third dog is 67 pounds and doesn't like sitting on anything other than a nice chair or couch in the same room as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back