Is Winchester M22 decent ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm looking for a reasonably clean burning ammo that will cycle in my Marlin 60 and 10/22 well and would like your opinions on the M22. How does it differ from the Winchester White Box and is there another ammo it would compare to?

Works great in my walther p-22. The walther needs 22 ammo with enough umph to cycle the slide. No problems with mp-22.

does this winchester m22 come in a black box of 300 rounds? if so it's one of the few 22lr brands that i avoid: very dirty and smokey with some duds to boot even in a ruger revolver. i also pass on remington thunderbolts and the new browning 22lr ammo.

try any cci except low powered "quiet" rounds as they don't have enough oomph to cycle a semiauto action. cci "standard" and up is fine for semiautos as are federal, aguila and blazer. remington golden bullets found in 100 round boxes at walmart run well too.

I know mini mags are liked by many - and for good reason, but I'd rather not spend mini mag money if I can get away with it.

What is the difference between the M22 and say the wildcat 22 from Winchester? I see they're both 40grn bullets loaded to 1255fps.

Winchester and Remington are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to rimfire ammo. CCI Blazer is hard to beat for around $150/case delivered- with the current CCI rebates.

Yeah I just went onto sgammo and found blazer and mini mag for much cheaper than around here. May have to go thst route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back